Tutorial suggestion

Reaction score
i remember once i had to guide a rookie with no staff (i am not staff) and i told hime to do /tutorial and i guided him through the tutorial and i had to help someone else with items and commands and i think that your idea is good but it may be hard to program :)

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Was coded in the past, causes issues with -hax so anybody who was new to the server could hack.

In theory a good idea, not implementable due to the reason above and not being able to do it through command blocks currently.

• Winner
Reactions: LagWarrior

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Alright, that's fine. Just something I was thinking about, didn't really believe that it was possible anyways.
I mean it's POSSIBLE, it just causes issues! :D If we could have it working fine, we certainly would. I might have a go at trying to create a $timeonline or something like that, for use in command blocks, so if somebody's play time is less than a minute or similar, they'd be sent there. We'll see!

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
Well it's nice to know that it hasn't been consigned to oblivion. Don't spend too much time on it though, it's not exactly something I feel is super important.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I may have come upon a solution. Create a new default "rank" for players to be set to upon their first login. Then have all players below the current player rank be sent to the secondary home world, which is the tutorial (i.e., /home and its corresponding world would be restricted). Finally, at the end of the tutorial, either add a command block that upgrades the player's rank, have the portal do that when entered, or have a final message block which shows a command such as "/upgrade (password)". When used, this changes the user's rank to the current default, "player". I hope this is programmable in Python.

Reactions: Amorix

Stretford01

Out of this World
Reaction score
I think I could code this with a few if statements. The 'rank' would be something along the lines of a first login of a teleport straight to the tutorial and disable /home. The name of the rank would be 'newbie'. I'm sure sam or other respective developers could take care of this. Once I get home, I might be able to get the code done. The new person who logs in will get a message along the lines of 'Welcome to the Blocktopia TNT Wars Server! Let's do the tutorial to get us started!'