Accepted TTT moderator application

Elliot2988

Reaction score
My steam ID is Elliot2988 and my number code is STEAM_0:1:71309797.

My time zone is Central european time zone thats is UTC +01:00

I don't have any previous staffing experience, so I hope this might get to be my first experience!

I will mostly be available in the afternoon because I'm at school until ´2:50 pm. and after that I either work or go to sports but I will play on the server as much as I can.

The reason why I want to be a TTT moderator is I have been playing in that TTT server since it was called Blockotopia and I just want to be a bigger part of the server, and help the staff out when they need help. We all know it's easier when there is two who is saying something that's right against one that hasn't obeyed the rules, and is defending himself, which makes the game and server experience bad for the other players on the server. That's why I wanna be a TTT moderator, simply just to help my buddies out.

The responsibility of being a TTT moderator is big, you need to do something even when you don't really want to but it's the rules and you maybe get a lot of hate, but in the end of the day you make the server so much better to play on. So you need to be steadfast, mature and funny. You need to be the same guy or girl as you were before you got to be a moderator, and not think you are better then everyone else. And of course not admin abuse. You also need to be large if there's a person you don't like that's playing on the server you can't just kick him or ban him, You'll need a reason for you actions.

The qualities of being a TTT moderator I have is, that I'm pretty large I will often give people chances like the three strike system or something like that, and I will act when something is not okay, and be friendly to all the other players that are joining the server!

My biggest strength I would say it is that I'm very patient with other players and will wait for their response so they maybe can explain themselves. My biggest weakness is that I do think about what they'll call me if the rules doesn't go like they want to, because we all know that some people aren't nice as this community is.

I would just like to say thank you for reading my application and I hope I will get to be a server moderator, so I can help some of my buddies!

- Elias

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
Hi, was hoping someone would reply before me since i haven't been on TTT much since launch, But i'd rather post something then to keep you left in the dark.

Anyway you said you used to play TTT back in blocktopia (When Ronaldo ran the server) but honestly i can't remember you specifically. Maybe i just haven't seen you much since timezone differences, but if i did see you i guess you never stood out to me that much.

I've haven't played too much recently due to some real life obligations, but the times i do come on i don't remember you.

For now i'm gonna give you a 0 but before i leave it at that let me break down the app itself

The responsibility of being a TTT moderator is big, you need to do something even when you don't really want to but it's the rules and you maybe get a lot of hate, but in the end of the day you make the server so much better to play on. So you need to be steadfast, mature and funny. You need to be the same guy or girl as you were before you got to be a moderator, and not think you are better then everyone else. And of course not admin abuse. You also need to be large if there's a person you don't like that's playing on the server you can't just kick him or ban him, You'll need a reason for you actions.

The qualities of being a TTT moderator I have is, that I'm pretty large I will often give people chances like the three strike system or something like that, and I will act when something is not okay, and be friendly to all the other players that are joining the server!
As with the qualities we do look for inviting and friendly people. The purpose of moderating isn't to strictly say punish players for doing wrong, but to create a fun environment. Think of yourself as a player before anything else, and only use moderator powers to preserve peace to say. So i agree with this. The one thing is the 3-strike rule you mentioned, not necessarily something to stand on. Sometimes people can be given more chances and sometimes action needs to be taken with less. So no need to uphold yourself strictly to a single standpoint :)

My biggest strength I would say it is that I'm very patient with other players and will wait for their response so they maybe can explain themselves. My biggest weakness is that I do think about what they'll call me if the rules doesn't go like they want to, because we all know that some people aren't nice as this community is.
Patience is huge since it also key in tolerance. 9/10 things like RDM are caused on accident from misreading a situation or shooting someone who walks in front of you when aiming for someone else. Patience is key in finding the difference between mistakes, and purposeful fault. However, as for what you mentioned your weakness is (Frustration when people don't listen to you) is also another thing to note. The best way to deal with this is to just not fight back constantly, just state your point and end it. Learn to admit when you make a mistake if you do, and then dont dwell on a mistake you made but smile looking back knowing you learned something. On the other end of the coin, if you know you are right and have evidence that you are sure, then in the end you are the staff and he is the wrongdoer. No reason to dwell on the little things :)

Overall fairly well written application in terms of what you believe and strive for, although grammar is a bit off but that's no big deal :)
Sticking with the "0" for now until i hear from others or see you a bit more personally. Good luck!

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
I want to post a quick thing saying that we have guidelines for punishments that you'll be introduced to if you're accepted, however it's nice to have a sympathetic eye on the team. Before I give a judgement I have a few things to confer with Infected about

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
Hey Elliot, thank you for your application!

I'm going to go with a 0. I don't think, at this point in time, it's absolutely fair for me to give a judgement on you just yet. I don't always get a chance to see you, but when I do, you do bring a positive air to the server. I will be trying to monitor you as much as I can!

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well Elliot, thank you for applying!

Since you've gotten two 0's and jay's away at the moment and so can't make a judgement, I'll be the deciding vote.

In the three iterations of TTT we've had you've been active and helpful, and you're very enthusiastic about helping the server and improving on your abilities. You're also very friendly, approachable and patient; you understand that the primary goal of being a moderator is to keep the peace and make sure everyone is having fun. As for your weakness, as long as you remind yourself that what you're doing is for the good of the server you should be fine, and you've addressed that already in your application which is great. Whilst you don't seem to have necessarily stood out for the other staff, honestly, I don't see any reason why not to at least give you a trial to see how you do! +1

Accepted and on trial, congratulations!

Last edited:
Reactions: Notme and Terre936