Declined TTT Moderator Application - LittleJohn

LittleJohn

Reaction score
Hello! I'd like to apply for a moderator position. ;)

What is your steam username/ID?

LittleJohn / STEAM_0:1:67598215

What timezone are you in?
GMT+2/3

Do you have any previous staffing experience? If so, what?
I was the owner of a Minecraft server for a year in 2013/2014. I was an admin in a StarWarsRP server for half a year. Also little moderator shifts in random Minecraft and Gmod servers. And I have worked as a CEO of 2 Startups in Estonia, so I do have quite a bit of staffing experience, personel-related leadership. :p

How often are you able to play on the server?
From 1-8 hours a day, any day during summer. It all depends on how my schedule turns out. The few days where I only find an hour for Gmod usually mean that I have been offered another quick job somewhere. I certainly love TTT and I will certainly find time for it.

Why do you want to be a TTT moderator?
EscapeRestart is the first server I join almost every time I launch Gmod. Before the national exam period started, I used to play alot on the server. I see that the people start to RDM and break the rules as soon as a staff member leaves. I would like to offer my time to this server to keep it playable and fun for everyone. I have had occasions when people team up to RDM and laugh over Skype, so everyone else on the server, including me, had to leave. Lemme help.

What do you believe the responsibilities of being a TTT moderator are?
Fair play, checking reports, being active in the community, being social, guarding the server and over all, keep the players happy and addicted ;). This server has to stand out, and it does!

What qualities do you have that make you suitable for being a TTT moderator?
I am leader-like and I am cheerful/optimistic, but also fair and rough, if someone attempts to break the rules. As a previous owner and admin of servers I understand what is expected from a moderator.

What would you say your biggest strength and weakness are?
My biggest strength is my imagination, playfulness, fairness (I distinguish good from bad) and altruism (I want people around me to be happy, or else I won't feel happy) all combined into one but mecha-giga-fusion-strength.
My biggest weakness is my time-organizing skill, but gamewise, the biggest flaw would be sometimes going a bit soft on people who majorly break the rules. My Minecraft server ended with a few guys hacking it thanks to their moderator status, breaking the map. After rebooting, I gave them another chance, which they used to break the server map again and also mess up the online host. I tend to be too easy :D

Do you have anything else you would like to say?
I wish to make up all of this time that you "wasted" to read this application :D. Lemme help you and the server!
PS! Fly is awesome!

Carpe diem
LittleJohn
aka.
John Little
:3

Reactions: Notme
Reaction score
Good mod app, i dont know who you are though, according to gametracker you are on 14 hours which means you aren't even a regular yet. therefore i'm not gonna judge the mod application at this moment

Some friendly advice: play more before you apply for moderator, i dont think any admin can judge you from 14 hours, and it's for your own sake too, you can't judge a community by playing 14 hours..

Love,

KJ

• Agree
Reactions: Red Guy

LittleJohn

Reaction score
It should be 17 hours, weird. And I haven't used this steam account in a long time. I used to play with another account (Lack / STEAM_0:1:20872408), which should have some on as well.

:)

Carpe diem
LittleJohn

LittleJohn

Reaction score
As we speak, continuous RDMing is happening on the server. I would like to play during my sunlight-time, but it is not possible, since no admins are on and people break the rules and ruin our gaming experience. Ugh. Welp. :)

fly

Reaction score
You have very little time on the server and I doubt many people know you. You first came on the server probably half a year ago - which is probably why hardly anyone knows you. I think you should play more on the server, get to know more people, get known and observe the admins carefully to see how they handle things.
I'm sure you'll be a good admin, but wait a week or two until you apply again :) so for now, I'm sorry, but it'll have to be a -1.

prime105

prime
Reaction score
I agree with both kjelle and fly your app seems great, but I didn't know who you were too :( sorry if you had more time on the server I would go with a +1 but sadly I'm going with a 0. I hope to see you on the server more often :D.

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
Before today I didn't know who you were. I saw you for maybe 15 minutes on the server today. You don't stand out. I'd like for you to get more familiar with the community before I see you step anywhere near a staffing position. -1.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Aqua

EpicTehMovie

Reaction score
i'm going with a 0 because i haven't really been online alot lately and haven't seen you.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well Pika's away so everyone has voted now.

Hi LittleJohn, thanks for applying!

So as you can see, you haven't received a great score, a total of -2, frankly because nobody really knows you well enough to make a proper decision. I think you've rushed into applying after only being back very recently, and it's great that you're so eager to help out and thank you for that, but unfortunately, as the others have said, we need to get to know you in-game a lot more before we can put you on trial. So I'm sure you saw this coming but for now your application is denied.

Your application was really great though and I think you put a lot of effort into it and you seemed to be really honest, so thank you for that. I personally definitely see potential in you to be a great moderator but I think you just need to play with us a bit more before reapplying.

Application denied. Feel free to re-apply in two weeks time.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Notme and Aqua