Some hundreds of hours
Other server ranks:
  • Up to Operator on past SMPs/Primordia
  • Guide on A&T
  • Trusted on AoD
Teamspeak:
Yes w/o microphone.
How would you describe the responsibility of the role you are applying for:
The role of an Operator is one of extreme responsibility. They are responsible for making sure the server stays in order and that the players are happy. The Operator accomplishes this by being quick to respond to the call of the player's problems, putting Staffing above being a Player himself. They should be happy to assist all players, regardless of their past. The Operator is expected to be able to try to make the right call as often as possible, as being able to make decisions is what makes the Operator. However, the Operator should also be able to accept when they have made a mistake and be able to learn from it, as none are perfect and one should constantly try to better one's self. Along with these responsibilities, the Operator should try to excel outside of the server and staffing duties. They should be friendly and open towards new players and forgiving, while still remaining as unbiased as possible. Furthermore they should try to contribute in other areas, such as in the forums, IRC, Teamspeak, and other such things.
Tell us about your experience as a trusted:
I was Trusted for a good bit on SMP. I was handpicked during I believe what was SMP v3, and I was Trusted all the way up until I applied for Operator, becoming the first Trusted to apply for Operator successfully. As a Trusted, I was constantly trying to help the higher staff. However, as I felt I did not have enough power to help the Players, I applied for Operator. However, later I was demoted to Trusted for some inactivity. However, I was happier this time as there was now more power given to Trusted. I believe later was promoted again to Operator.
Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words:
A sophomore in Washington, I enjoy video games and other geeky stuff. My interests include running, gaming, and Tumbling among other things. Personality wise, I consider myself to be extremely nice. A bit too nice at times. However, when staffing, I have made sure to remain as unbiased and fair as possible. Though it may seem harsh, I'd as easily ban my best friend as a complete stranger if it came to it. Furthermore, I enjoy building bridges rather than walls. I try to make friends with most anyone, even those most hate. As well, I am very quick to learn. I tend to learn games through experience rather than being explained, and often manage to become very adept. Continuing on, I find it easy to accept my mistakes. I do not deny it if I err, and I will use my experiences to further better myself so that I don't make a similar mistake. Through this, I hope to continue to become a better person, even though I may not ever become perfect. Last, I am largely slow to anger. I usually am very calm towards others, and rarely go into a rage if at all. Thanks - Blob
[/panel]
Questmaster
[panel]
In-Game username:
Defiant_Blob
Staff References:
N/A
Time spent on server:
Some hundreds of hours
Other server ranks:
  • Up to Operator on past SMPs/Primordia
  • Guide on A&T
  • Trusted on AoD
Teamspeak:
Yes w/o microphone.
How would you describe the responsibility of the role you are applying for:
I believe the role of a Questmaster is to be constantly dedicated to bringing new life and activities to the server. He is responsible for giving the Players a variety of things to do, from possibly hunting down a lost ancient sword to any other quest he is capable of giving. The Questmaster should be constantly trying to think of new and refreshing quests to give to players as well.
Tell us about your experience as an Operator:
On SMP I was Operator for a long while as well. Through my time as an Operator I constantly helped and assisted players as much as I could. However, my interest in Minecraft decreased along with problems in real life occurring. Now, though, I am more certain in my life, and a good break from Minecraft has renewed my interest.
Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words:
Along with what I said in my Operator application, in real life I tend to be much more quiet than online. However, this is mostly just among those I do not know well. Among my friends, I can be a complete chatterbox though. As well, I'd be really excited to be a Questmaster ^^ I have so many ideas I'd love to contribute to better the server [/panel]
I pledge to use the best of my abilities to fulfill the duties and obligations of being an Operator/Questmaster.
Disclaimer: Yes, I do know I just returned, and I understand if this is the reason for denying my application.

Status
Not open for further replies.