[Trial Op] Ryan's Veteran Operator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
In-game username: ryandodd
Staff references (Controller+): --
Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past): Classic TNT Wars Trusted, Premium TNT Wars Trusted/Operator
How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: Many people assume that staff is just about dealing with players who break the rules, however, this is simply not the case. To differentiate itself from Operator, Veteran Operator allows you to enforce the rules and work more behind the scenes by planning events, contributing to the economy, using World Edit, and quite a few other things! This rank requires the ability to get problems dealt with quickly and smoothly, use creativity to come up with events and ideas to improve the server, and overall make the server a more enjoyable experience for not only the players, but also other staff members. When applying for this rank, you need to be sure that you can hold a steady ontime level on the server (not just AFK time) while giving a constant flow of ideas and improvements to the server, if possible, all while keeping an eye out and enforcing the rules.
Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: If there were other members applying for VetOp, I'd pick myself because of my maturity and active mind. I view myself as a mature, serious person who sincerely tries his best in everything he does. If there is something that I don't feel like I am capable of, I either let someone know or simply don't do it. In this case, I feel as though I am more than capable of meeting and exceeding the requirements of VetOp. I am nearly always serious (some say I'm too serious) but can also lighten up if the setting allows it. I also have an active mind and am constantly searching for ways to create, improve, and refine things. I have been a pretty creative person as long as I can remember, always coloring or writing "books" when I was little, and creativity has stuck with me. While I'm not as good of a builder as some people here, I'd say that I can be above average. In addition to that, I also consider myself good at giving out ideas and suggestions for the server, as well as helping to the best of my abilities. I have helped as much as I could in the tester server and look forward to continuing that.
If there is a problem you aren’t sure of how to deal with, what will you do: I would ask a higher staff member if they were online, but if they weren't, I'd quickly load up IRC to see if they were on there. If they were nowhere to be found, I'd use my best judgement and make a note to myself to tell a higher staff member what happened when I next see them.
How experienced are you with the current commands on the server, and would you be able to grasp many new commands quickly?: I'd say I am decent at the current commands on the server. While I haven't experimented around with them too much for fear of breaking something, I think I could learn them easily. I am able to grasp new commands very quickly, as evidenced by how quickly I learned the Operator commands on TNT Wars.
What’s the best thing you have ever read?:

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
The best thing I have ever read is The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost. What I interpret it to mean is that you should not take the path that everyone else does. You should be yourself and not let anyone else influence your life to the point that it changes you as a person. Whether this is actually what it means is a different story, but from how I interpret it, it's probably my favorite piece of literature in the world because of how true it is.
If you have any extra information you’d like to share, please do so here: I'd also like to include my experiences on the previous SMP server, Journey to Elysium. I bought premium Minecraft literally just a few days before JtE was released; I was an absolute noob. I joined Peripeteia which my friends, Terre936 and Stretford01, had created. I eventually tired of the disconnected theme and how thrown out all over the place it seemed. I left to build my own town with Terre, Wisteria. Over time, we perfected the theme of Wisteria until we felt it was beautiful. It eventually got city and around that time I got Aristocrat. It grew to be one of the most successful settlements in Elysium, beaten only by Sancti. Given a few more months to develop more, I think it would have eventually bested Sancti in member count. I wanted to tell you guys my basic story outline from JtE so it could be evidenced how quickly I can adapt--I went from being a total noob when JtE released to owning the one of the most successful settlements on Elysium and gaining Aristocrat, all within one SMP. I look forward to possibly changing this drastically for the better in my staffing abilities during the next SMP--Discordia.

Ryan

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Hello ryandodd!

After some discussion, we have decided we're going to deny your VetOp application and take you on as a Trial Op. The reason for this is we believe you're ready for a staff position but we'd like to give you time on the server and see how you do staffing an SMP or see if it's right for you.

If you are curious what a Trial Op is:
Trial Op is a rank with slightly more restricted permissions than Op. It is a learning rank. The Op+ teach you what to do and you may shadow around and deal with more minor things on your own. It'll train you properly and well for a long life of prosperity and SMP staffing.
Congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.