Trenches

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathan

Reaction score
Map name: Trenches
Author(s): Natninja_5 and brad6310
Size: 192x192
Map boundary: 96 blocks from centre point (sponge block).

Notes: TNT damage is on. You can find the in /mvtp plots.
The warp is /warp trenches
Random or choose kits: Random
Input file:

[spoilerbb]
MapName:Trenches
Author:Natninja_5
BuildTime:90
GameTime:420
WorldTime:13000
SpawnProtectTime:5000
WorldWeather:0
Team0:
SpawnType:0
SpawnLocation:
==:Vector
x:-6208
y:68
z:103
ChooseKit:False
OneKitPerPound:False
KitResetTime:20
BoxChance:20
Team1:
SpawnType:0
SpawnLocation:
x:-6208
y:68
z:103
ChooseKit:False
Centre:
x:-6267
y:104
z:99
WorldSize:96
SkyLimit:104
ResetInventory:True
CanUseLocate:True
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll:False
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll:False
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll:False
HunterRestrictedBreakAll:False
MysteryBoxChance:10
SurvivorRestrictedBreak:BEDROCK
SurvivorRestrictedPlace:BEDROCK
SurvivorRestrictedBreakEx:TORCH,LONG_GRASS,DOUBLE_TALL_GRASS
HunterRestrictedPlace:BEDROCK
HunterRestrictedBreak:BEDROCK
HunterFree:
Scavenger:
-LEATHER_CHESTPLATE
-WOODEN_SWORD
-DIRT|16
-APPLE|6
Juggernaut:
COMMANDER:
-DIAMOND_HELMET
-DIAMOND_CHESTPLATE
-DIAMOND_LEGGINGS
-DIAMOND_BOOTS
-DIAMOND_SWORD
-BOW+Shotgun
-STEAK|24
-ARROWS|24
HunterLeader:
-CHAINMAIL_CHESTPLATE
-CHAINMAIL_LEGGINGS
-IRON_BOOTS
-IRON_SWORD+Sharp_Bayonnet
-BOW+Tommy_Gun
-ARROW|32
-ENDER_PEARL|2
-EMPTY_MAP
HunterStart:
Kit1:Soldier
-CHAINMAIL_CHESTPLATE
-LEATHER_LEGGINGS
-LEATHER_BOOTS
-STONE_SWORD+Bayonnet
-BOW+Rifle
-ARROW|16
-COMPASS
-EMPTY_MAP
-BREAD|4
-ENDER_PEARL|1
-GREEN_DYE|4
Kit2:GUNMAN
-LEATHER_CHESTPLATE
-GOLDEN_LEGGINGS
-LEATHER_BOOTS
-GOLDEN_SWORD
-BOW.PUNCH:1+Rifle
-ARROWS|32
-GREEN_DYE|4
-APPLE|4
-WOODEN_SWORD+Sharp_Knife
-DIRT|16
Kit3:MEDIC
-GOLDEN_CHESTPLATE
-LEATHER_LEGGINGS
-LEATHER_BOOTS
-GOLDEN_SWORD+Knife
-BOW+Pistol
-POTION.16421|2
-POTION.16396
-POTION.16386
-GREEN_DYE|4
-BREAD|6
-DIRT|16
SurvivorStart:
Kit1:OFFICER
-LEATHER_HELMET
-GOLDEN_CHESTPLATE
-LEATHER_LEGGINGS
-CHAINMAIL_BOOTS
-STONE_SWORD+Bayonnet
-CARROT|5
-BREAD|3
-BLUE_DYE|4
Kit2:RIFLEMAN
-GOLDEN_HELMET
-CHAINMAIL_LEGGINGS
-WOODEN_SWORD+Knife
-BOW+Rifle
-ARROW+Bullet
-APPLE|6
-ROASTED_CHICKEN|5
Kit3:NURSE
-CHAINMAIL_HELMET
-GOLDEN_CHESTPLATE
-STONE_SWORD+Long_knife
-BREAD|5
-POTION.16420|2
-POTION.16385
-POTION.16421|3
-POTION.16393
[/spoilerbb]
Screenshots:
http://imgur.com/sUcWWwu,qFYo7BR,JAUZOVO,f9PNCyT,0hdnVam,Qmi7ifY#0

I would like if anyone could give suggestions in how I can improve(if possible) and I would be glad for feedback.
And if you would like anything added please tell me.
:ninja:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, I already told you my suggestions when you asked me to visit your map and I think the overall map is good just add a few more chests here and there. Also, is the rifleman kit meant to have a bow as it seems a bit underpowered with just a wood sword and no bow. Good luck though. As I said it looks like a pretty good map :).

• Thank You
Reactions: nathan

nathan

Reaction score
Well, I already told you my suggestions when you asked me to visit your map and I think the overall map is good just add a few more chests here and there. Also, is the rifleman kit meant to have a bow as it seems a bit underpowered with just a wood sword and no bow. Good luck though. As I said it looks like a pretty good map :).
Thank you for mentioning that it's supposed to have a bow.

• Love
Reactions: FreakyCupcake

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
I actually had an idea like this for a map for PTNT never finished it though. All around I think its an interesting map I think the terrain could of been executed better but it isn't bad. I like the destroyed buildings you've made but I think if you added some slabs and stairs to them it would make them more difficult to navigate and all in all better looking. The tanks, boats, and planes look excellent except for the large boat and the sub which I feel could use more detail. All in all decent map make a few changes aesthetically and add a few more hiding places and this would be a pretty interesting map to play!

Good luck!

• Thank You
Reactions: nathan
G

Guest35486

Hey Natninja and brad,
Thanks for submitting this map. I really like how you designed the terrain with different kinds of blocks. Also, I like how you used carpets to make airplanes. I think this map would be good for AoD gameplay. +1 from me.

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
Looks interesting. I do enjoy the theme you were going for with this map, but it could have been executed better. The terraforming is not great and the fire, sand, podzol, gravel, soul sand, and cobwebs seem to be scattered around with no particular pattern and nothing that would suggest that they were made by cannon fire. With that said, the terrain area is my favorite part of the map simply because the water has nothing to it for the most part. I'd at least like to see some islands around or something.

This map isn't aesthetically appealing to me, but I think that gameplay should be at least decent.

nathan

Reaction score
Looks interesting. I do enjoy the theme you were going for with this map, but it could have been executed better. The terraforming is not great and the fire, sand, podzol, gravel, soul sand, and cobwebs seem to be scattered around with no particular pattern and nothing that would suggest that they were made by cannon fire. With that said, the terrain area is my favorite part of the map simply because the water has nothing to it for the most part. I'd at least like to see some islands around or something.

This map isn't aesthetically appealing to me, but I think that gameplay should be at least decent.

Just to say I meant to put the cobwebs around it like that because my idea was that they were barbwire.
And for the sand,gravel,podzol and soulsand they are part of terrain. I will try to make islands and thank you for your suggestion. But may I ask you what you don't like about the terraforming because if you don't tell how am I supposed to know what's wrong with it?

Reaction score
Nathan it's probably the "bumpiness." It just seems to randomly go up and down. If you were a hunter trying to charge a survivor with a bow it would be very hard. Then again I think you were going for a terrain like that so the map will be more bow-based. If you were good job!

• Agree
Reactions: RyanDodd

brad6310

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who responded and gave feedback, Nathan and I are trying our best to
improve the landscape and details. But, what I would like to say is that the ground is bumpy
because nathan and I thought it would represent bombing or just the roughness of the war.

But all in all we are grateful for the responces and you guys will hopefully see improvements!
:)

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
When I looked through the screenshots, I wasn't too sure what to make of this map. Now that I actually got a chance to go around the map a bit on BuildBox, I think it's time I put in my vote.

I like what was done with the landscape. While it could have a little bit more of a "hilly" texture to it I think you did a pretty good job. While some things don't make total sense, I would at least want to give this map a try. And the kits and such look like they will fit well with the map. I do want to see how it works out.

0 but leaning towards a +1.

nathan

Reaction score
When I looked through the screenshots, I wasn't too sure what to make of this map. Now that I actually got a chance to go around the map a bit on BuildBox, I think it's time I put in my vote.

I like what was done with the landscape. While it could have a little bit more of a "hilly" texture to it I think you did a pretty good job. While some things don't make total sense, I would at least want to give this map a try. And the kits and such look like they will fit well with the map. I do want to see how it works out.

0 but leaning towards a +1.
May I ask you what doesn't make total sense? Because if you don't tell me how am I supposed to know?

FrenchSanta12

Voldemort
Reaction score
Checked this map on Build Box, and from the general look of it, it looks like a nice map! After looking into things, I found some positive and negative builds and details. First of all, I like the ground of the map, it's not so flat, and doesn't have much of mountains- perfect balance. I think you should add some more fire on the ground, in order to make few more obstacles. Also, it would be interesting if you could align few (adorable ) planes near the big boat so that survivors/ hunters could travel between the land and the boat easily, instead of just swimming. Nice map over-all!

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
I've seen this map in progress and I believe it looks better after the edits you made. The terraforming looks a bit better now and I like the miniature islands around the water. The ships, abandoned buildings and planes seem fine. The craters and fire add to the theme of the apocalypse, although in my opinion, the holes in the water are a bit of an eye sore. Perhaps have less of the seemingly random holes.

I will be giving this map a 0, but leaning towards a +1.

nathan

Reaction score
The water will be fixed shortly I'm working on it. Thanks for the feedback and stay tuned.:)

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
Changing my vote to a +1 now. The map looks a bit better without the mass of holes in the map. Everything else as I've said earlier are still fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.