Tp'ing - an alternative ?

Do you like people randomly teleporting to you?

• Total voters

Silvuss

Reaction score
Well I know this is a problem for some people, and I am suggesting that instead of just instantly tp'ing, the user will have to do something similar to what /call used to do.

This will allow the player to choose whether someone can or cannot telepot to them.

Just putting this out there and hopefully there may be some changes.

• Useful
Reactions: ConstructionBoy

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Although I'm in the party of being okay with people randomly teleporting to me, I can safely say that there are people who are the exact opposite. They get angry when people get close to their creations... For whatever reason.

So, I would think having a toggle feature, allowing the use of teleporting to them with or without, would be a nice addition. Of course, as Number said, still allowing the use of staff members being able to teleport to the player, regardless of permission.

So, if someone types;

/tptoggle

I would say that when people attempt to teleport to them, it will give the player the commands;

/tpaccept
/tpdecline (Or /tpdeny)

If you can't work that into using /tp, /tpa would do well, I suppose.

James81818

Dat Lsmp Op
Reaction score
Not a bad idea. But yep, as you've said, you would definatly need ops to have the permissions to tp even if they deny.
Only problem I can see with this, ops are gonna want to tp to people to check if there is any rule breaking, and player permissions could make this hard. Say if a player denied a tp but the op still tped anyway, it may offend the player and would sort of defeat the purpose of the command.
So yeah, I'm reasonably neutral on this.

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
All I think needs to happen is your own personal options for tp'ing. I'm not sure if that's possible though.
However, yes, you'd need Ops+ to be able to teleport to anyone to check over the server.

Naterger

Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Just remove the tp function for everyone lower than op? The call function would work fine for everyone else.

SalientGorilla

The Brutal Create Dictator
Reaction score
This whole 'tp'ing without permission' thing has only just been bought up by two/three people who are making a map, I don't really believe this is needed due to the fact no one else really has a problem with it.

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
Honestly I dont have any problem with People tping to me and havent had any trouble with players getting angry causee I tp'd to them. The main reason of this is they get angry because the members who tp to them somtimes start critizing their builds. So honestly the problem is with people making offensive comments about a person builds. Although I do believev this can be solved with doing the /tpaccept or /tpdeny commands. When Atoyah_Ali was director I believe we had somthing like this it worked beautifully.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Honestly I dont have any problem with People tping to me and havent had any trouble with players getting angry causee I tp'd to them.
Ogarci, Deadl0ck and I all have separate projects that we want to keep under wraps and we don't want anyone teleporting to us for the time being. I've had to state it multiple times in main chat that I didn't want people teleporting to me, so I'd love for /tp to be removed from non-staff ranks.

• Useful

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
Ogarci, Deadl0ck and I all have separate projects that we want to keep under wraps and we don't want anyone teleporting to us for the time being. I've had to state it multiple times in main chat that I didn't want people teleporting to me, so I'd love for /tp to be removed from non-staff ranks.
Yes because of this also It would be nice to add the/tpaccept/ tpdeny commands. I myself have a private project that Im only letting a few members see so I can deffinatly see where this command could help the server

Reactions: Zelz

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Malcovent will this be implemented or something similar to this? I'd love to see this on the server, but rather for guests to adv builders as It'd be a pain for operators when they need to staff.

Reactions: Zelz