ToonTown Rewritten [BETA]

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score

The game is coming along quite nicely! For those who do not know, ToonTown Rewritten is a fan remake of the former multiplayer game by Disney, "ToonTown". Over several months of work, the game is nearing release! It will be 100% FREE, so no need to worry of paying and hating it.

Just a thread for any thoughts/discussions/etc. on the game, and anyone who plans on playing once it's publicly released.

Kuyajer

Tyoping Legned
Reaction score
Toontown brings back some old old memories. I actually heard about this, not sure from where, and it looks interesting but I doubt toontown could hold much of an interest to me now. Might be fun to nostalgia about though.

Reactions: Duffie

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
It won't be released. If it had any chance of becoming an actual game, it would take 2 years, and chances are that they are going to lose interest.
Well it helps that they started off with the actual source code for ToonTown itself (unknown how it was gotten, but still), they're at the very last stages of testing before a public release and from the research I have done the odds Disney will try and do a C&D on them at this point are quite slim.

Is it possible they will lose interest? Oh yes, but at that point all I can imagine happening is the game eventually gets boring for people and people move on.

erik5456

Reaction score
Im really glad i decided to just lurk around on the gaming corner forums to find this. Definitely gonna try and play it cuz all of my childhood computer gaming memorys come from toontown. All my old viruses come from it too though XD