Toiletprincess' Staff Application #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
In-game username: Toiletprincess

Time-zone: GMT+8

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?
During weekdays I will generally be able to spend around 3-6 hours staffing per day depending on the amount of schoolwork I receive. On the weekends I will be able to spend generally the entire day staffing if need be. This is up to 16 hours of staffing time between 9am-1am.
I will often not be on this entire time, but the majority will be spent on the
computer/Blocktopia servers therefore I will have to ability to be pinged if I am
needed.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?
The responsibilities of a successful operator are to sort out any rule breakers in the most efficient way possible. They need to be calm and level headed in a stressful situation and need to approach it with dedication and composture. Along with the need to keep the server as fun and lovable as possible to all players - old and new alike, operators need to be kind and friendly to bring joy and fun to our server and further encourage the growth of our player base. Operators must not be biased between regular players and new players, and must treat both with the same amount of discipline and understanding, not giving older players more slack than the newer players who may not quite understand the rules yet. While being approachable and respectful, Operators need to be the person that people want to ask questions to, show them the ropes or even just help them to get started in the map. Operators need to be not only a protector, a staff member to keep the server in
order, but a friend; someone to converse in and ask questions to, while not being imposing or 'scary' because of their rank. The rank and abilities available to an operator are earned, therefore should not be taken for granted. The permissions granted to an operator should not be abused/misused, as they are to be used to help the player base and all around make the server a more fun and enjoyable place for players and staff alike by disciplining unruly players, fixing floods and just generally helping newcomers to understand what Rituals of Fire is about.

What sets you apart from other applicants?
I have been in the community for a long time and have been a previous staff member on classic lava survival 2 or so years ago, and now I believe to be a lot more responsible and reliable then I was back then and I have worked on dedication and determination which is what I believe you need to have to be a long term staff member. I know a lot of people in the community, and get along with most as I am always friendly and would never intentionally be rude or disrespectful to any member, as I don't believe I have any 'enemies' or quarrels within the community. I believe to be friendly and light-hearted, and can bring variety to the staff base as one of the younger staff that is active and in the great timezone of GMT +8.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?
My weaknesses would be the ability to take a rude insult to heart, I can be sensitive and may take any disrespectful comments towards myself a little too seriously which can hurt my staffing ability at the time. I am aware of my sensitivity, and if this were to happen during staffing incident I'd make sure to keep composed and call another staff member if the situation gets out of hand and I
feel I can't handle it without getting upset or stressed.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
If I were to be faced with an unfamiliar situation, I would call on a fellow Operator, first asking them whether they have dealt with anything of the like before. I can learn from the way they deal with the problem so I can deal with it in the future. If I am unsuccessful with either contacting an Operator or the Operator I got hold of hadn't dealt with this situation before, I would call on VetOp+ and if all else fails I will approach it head on and try to figure out the best possible solution that could be undertaken as the resolution to the problem. I would draw on previous situations that may have similarities to the one at hand, possibly getting some ideas on how to resolve the complication.

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have?
In 2011(12?) I was Trusted rank on our Classic Lava Survival server.

References:
Biblius
cooliorules
Frenchsanta12
Butamou
Kevin_28
63LittlePiggy63

EDIT- SIDE NOTE: Tomorrow (Thursday the 9th) I won't be on minecraft from around the second half of the day and the first half of Friday as I will be busy, but after that I will (generally) be on.

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
Ah, Toilet! You'd be telling you'd be doing this soon for a bit. I'm ecstatic that it's finally been done!

So, Toilet, I've seen that you've matured quite a lot from your last application, and you really have taken the advice you were given on the last one and tried to improve. And you succeeded.
I've seen you helping out a lot more recently, as well as being in an excellent timezone where we do need more staff.
You've shown some great dedication at times being on the server up until 2am our time.
I would be more than willing to have you on our team. Have my +1!
Good luck!

63LittlePiggy63

Piggalina
Reaction score
Website
mouvementdefleur.com
Eee!! :D
I've actually been hoping you'd make an application! You've definitely grown and become even more mature, responsible, and considerate. You're extremely helpful, and last night when you pinged me it showed that you do want to do as much as possible to help out on the server. You being an operator I think would benefit the server, since we've been needing some more operators in your timezone especially. Not only will we have that gap filled, we'll have it filled with a dedicated and responsible op, and I think you're fit for that place. Go ahead and plop me on the reference list if you'd like, and it's a +1 from me! Good luck on the rest of your application! c:

• Informative
Reactions: Xfolo

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Hey Toilet,

You've improved considerably since your last application. As others have mentioned, you cover an important timezone, which is great! Along with that you really did listen to your criticism and work to improve yourself. That deserves some praise, it's hard to have people criticize your work. But you never seemed to let it get to you! You just took what we had to say, and then worked on it. And now you're back. And perhaps you'll even be on our staff team this time...

At least you will if I have anything to say about it! I vote +1, best of luck tp.

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
A wild Toiletprincess has appeared!

Unfortunately I am unable to get you a fair vote due to the time zones, I barely see you on in my time zone, however from what I see from the above staff members and your application, you would be a great addition the staff.

I'm going to go with a +0 mainly because of the time zone issue but best of luck in your application!

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
On the weekends I will be able to spend generally the entire day staffing if need be. This is up to 16 hours of staffing time between 9am-1am.
As much as we would appreciate it, you don't have to force yourself to staff for this much all day, because 16 hours is quite a bit too much! Just as long as long as you show up on the server and staff for a few hours or as long as you want to (IF you're accepted) then we're fine with it.

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I can agree that time zones complicate sometimes, but thanks for the input and kind words^-^
Also, I don't force myself to spend that much time on, I just honestly get joy from playing it and if I've spent a lot of time on I will get off if I feel like I need it.

Edit: Excuse me if I have errors or it doesn't make sense, I'm having a sleepover with my friend and were just goin to sleep now. (It's 3am :p)

Suikae

Dat Typo Queen
Reaction score
I'm so glad you decided to re-apply to be staff!
Although I am still on trial myself, I think you would be an outstanding staff member! You're kind, sweet, and responsible- I've known you since Classic Lava Survival and you're a well known person. Though I question your maturity at times, since sometimes it can get out of hands, nonetheless you deserve a chance at the least!

You were determined enough to re-apply and I appreciate that, also we could use more people with your timezone to keep the server in check! So, thank you!

FrenchSanta12

Voldemort
Reaction score
I'm glad you re-applied.

I agree with all good that is said by the other RoF staff members; you're a very friendly and fun person, and you help a lot. Your time-zone is great, we need more staff members around that time-zone. You're a very active person and I'm sure you'll do good as a staff member. +1

Reactions: cooliorules

Kevin_28

Reaction score
Hi Toiletprincess,

Glad to see you took the... plunge... and reapplied for the a staff position on our wonderful server. Would hate to see your abilities go to... waste. You seem to really have... flushed out... some very thoughtful answers to the questions in the application.

Enough? OK, it was starting to be a bit draining anyway.

Toilet, I've seen you've always been a wonderful player to be around. You're very friendly to not only our regular player base but also our newer players. You know and follow the rules well and I feel you can be trusted to enforce the rules well. It's a solid +1 vote for me.

Sincerely,
Kevin_28
AKA The Rocketeer

D

DarkHender

I'll have to go with a 0. Since I've been inactive recently and have just now picked up my activity.
Your application is very nice though, good luck with it.

(edit it wont let me tag lavaprem so if someone could because not all staff have voted within the week -2 weeks.)

Status
Not open for further replies.