[To Be Implemented] [SUGGESTION] Iron Man mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
If you recall, the original lava survival has an iron man mode, where if someone survives a whole round without dying ( i think) they get extra cookies. How feasible would it be to implement this into the gameplay? Of course, you would want to set a rank for it to prevent anyone from doing it. It may add more of a challenge to the person, particularly if it hands them limited resources and limitations to breakable blocks/placeable blocks/etc.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
So soon?...

If anything some people are ranking up too fast for the developers to set up the stores. We've already got two experts as it is, and thats without any money boosts like Iron Man.

I wouldn't expect this to be high priority, to say the least.

• Agree
Reactions: Notme and balloon98

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
1. With the calm mood being the only active mood in the server, this idea would currently be way too cheap to earn more cookies, that it shouldn't even be considered as a challenge.

2. Sure that there could be an addition of limits on how much blocks that one is able to place/break, but consider the players who would take advantage of this. For example, if a player turns on iron man and is limited on the amount of blocks they would place/break, then they would simply pillar up the the highest capacity that the lava amplitude can reach, and boom. Easy extra cookies for the round.

3. What would happen if they lose the challenge? In classic, it works because when they lose iron man, they not only lost cookies, but all of their lives and a super cookie as well. And trust me, those take some effort to make up. Especially if you had a stockpile of lives (like 100+). In LSMP, all you have to currently lose is an amount of your cookies, and that really isn't an effective risk at all since cookies aren't hard to make up.

As Raz said, this shouldn't be in the priority list. It's a nice idea with the challenges that it provides, but I would wait until LSMP develops further into its content, and then this extra feature may be considered at that point of time, depending on what content is released.

Sploorky

Reaction score
I want an adrenaline overload...ironman mode, ironman mode.

Personally, I'm all for it once everything is ironed out, moods are fully fleshed out, etc etc. I think it would have to be pretty different from classic, though. A block limit is an awesome start on the idea, maybe making them take 2x damage from mobs, no health restoration, some other things. It would need to be balanced over time if the option was given, but I think, if done right, the end form would be a fun challenge to add to the server.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I want an adrenaline overload...ironman mode, ironman mode.

Personally, I'm all for it once everything is ironed out, moods are fully fleshed out, etc etc. I think it would have to be pretty different from classic, though. A block limit is an awesome start on the idea, maybe making them take 2x damage from mobs, no health restoration, some other things. It would need to be balanced over time if the option was given, but I think, if done right, the end form would be a fun challenge to add to the server.
Ironman in Bullet Points
  • Must be Apprentice+.
  • Increses cookies earned at end of round.
  • Double damage from mobs.
  • No automatic health restoration.
  • Instant death on touching lava.
  • Cookie multiplication factor increased incrementally by 0.5x for each mood (1.5x, 2x, 2.5x, etc).
Sound good?

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Perhaps having a larger amount of air space near too so they don't simply hide in a 10 air hole? Something like 50 air spaces would be a real challenge (except on maps where the build limit is at lava limit, giving them access to the above air)
Also, whilst I'm at it, can someone check on an open air map if a piston can be used to move blocks above the build height limit, effectively allowing people to cheat their way above it?

Status
Not open for further replies.