/Time & /Me

tilyard

Reaction score
I don't know how to do the coding, im just here for the idea...
there should be things in the corners that say: whether your a zombie or human
also in the other corner it counts down the time
cause on a number of occasions i have stopped to write both of those to see someone killed me

By:Tilyard
I Hope To See This In-Game xD

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
No, when you write /me it says you are a zombie or human.
He simply wants to merge /me and /time.
To be honest, it is not a bad idea, but /time is just more obvious when people ask for the time.
there should be things in the corners that say: whether your a zombie or human
also in the other corner it counts down the time
cause on a number of occasions i have stopped to write both of those to see someone killed me
No, he wants it displayed all the time, not typing a command.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
He basically wants elements that modify the interface of his Minecraft client to show if he's a zombie and the time left.

And I wish it was possible.

But it's not unless we make you install a custom client which we have to first develop, which no one will.

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
Well there are messages that tell you the time and if you are a human/zombie. You can always use /t as a shortcut for /time, which will save you time for writing ;)

But I think it'd be quite good to have such a thing on our server. How about like a clock timer thing that you can activate using a specific command? It'd tell you the time each second in the chat box. :D

Btw, Only TnT staff posted before me :eek:

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
Well there are messages that tell you the time and if you are a human/zombie. You can always use /t as a shortcut for /time, which will save you time for writing ;)
Indeed, but he wants to avoid typing at all. I too find it hard to find time to type anything when I am fleeing for my life.
But I think it'd be quite good to have such a thing on our server. How about like a clock timer thing that you can activate using a specific command? It'd tell you the time each second in the chat box. :D
That might get a bit spammy. ;p

Btw, Only TnT staff posted before me :eek:
We are ninjas.
:ninja::ninja::ninja:

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
That might get a bit spammy. ;p
no no.

Well, I think I didn't explain this right.

For example you type /clock

Chat:
Ooglie: hide (fail)
clock: 00:34
clock 00:33
clock 00:32
nottycat: haha!
clock 00:31
Gassy: fial
clock: 00:30

The other people wouldn't see the small messages that appear in your chatbox. Yes, it might clog up your chatbox and you might have problems reading it, but it might be useful.

EDIT: also, the clock doesn't have to tell a message every 1 second. Maybe 10 or what.

Illusionist

The Neighbourhood <3
Reaction score
Or you can press a key-board button to see the time while running. The same as respawning. Lets say the letter would be 'q' while I am running from a horde of zombies I can press the button 'q' and see how much time is left.I am not sure though about the coding.Is it possible?

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Or you can press a key-board button to see the time while running. The same as respawning. Lets say the letter would be 'q' while I am running from a horde of zombies I can press the button 'q' and see how much time is left.I am not sure though about the coding.Is it possible?
It wouldn't be possible without a custom client.

Gameprochampion

Got the moves like Jagger!
Reaction score
He basically wants elements that modify the interface of his Minecraft client to show if he's a zombie and the time left.

And I wish it was possible.

But it's not unless we make you install a custom client which we have to first develop, which no one will.
This.

Next suggestion (Someone MUST do this): Custom Minecraft Zombie Survival Gaming Client.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
If you're doing that don't forget about TNT.

The thing is that means the client needs to download custom data we send out. That custom data cannot be held on a Minecraft server unless we make it interpret hidden chat messages. But then everyone without that client sees them as well.

Or maybe block changes. Hm.

Gameprochampion

Got the moves like Jagger!
Reaction score
If you're doing that don't forget about TNT.

The thing is that means the client needs to download custom data we send out. That custom data cannot be held on a Minecraft server unless we make it interpret hidden chat messages. But then everyone without that client sees them as well.

Or maybe block changes. Hm.
Can't the client hold the custom data? Or am I just being stupid?

Nevermind, I see why, but yeah the production of an MC client would be insanely hard.

0x3c0

Donor
Reaction score
Just a quick reference to http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Classic_server_protocol

The format of the packets is [ID, data]. What about using additional IDs to send the custom data? The normal minecraft.net client apparently sends a protocol version of 0x7 when it wants to join a server; an altered client could send something like 0x8. That'd make it possible to determine whether the user's login session is from minecraft.net or an altered client. The server could then decided whether to send out additional packets with unused IDs based on that.

The downside of that is that the amount of work required skyrockets. Rather than adding a comparatively simple hook to the chat (similar to how I imagine WoM parses /client hacks off), it'd be a completely different client. That would mean setting up block rendering, physics handling, kicks, chat, movement...it's a lot of work for what amounts to a small UI change.

fireball0409

Reaction score
It takes less than a second to type /t and /me. While you are running you don't really need to know if you are a human and why would you need to see the time right then. Just try too lose the zombies and then do the commands if you really need them.

tilyard

Reaction score
You can jump while running and quickly open text and type it too! I do it all the time with no consequence. And if you're running from zombies, why do you need to see if you're zombie or human? :p
well heaps of times i run away from zombies and i am trying to run away so i dont turn, sometimes i stop and type it in BOOM!!!! im a zombie

TheRedShark

。◕‿◕。
Reaction score
well heaps of times i run away from zombies and i am trying to run away so i dont turn, sometimes i stop and type it in BOOM!!!! im a zombie
Well, why would you need to type /t when you run anyway? The auto message will pop up sooner or later, for example ''Well done, you got it to 6 minutes!'' Or whatever. I mostly search a corner where i spot no zombs and type /t or /me and continue running. Or like Angel said, type faster.