The Utterly Amazing Dusk of Discordia Suggestion Thread!

Stretford01

Out of this World
Reaction score
What else shall I say? Let your creative juices flow!
Let Villages have satellites elsewhere (like Sancti, but with different tags, etc.)

I don't know if this will be in it already, but ranks based on ontime like in JtE.

When you purchase more land with Topians, make every purchase a little bit more expensive.

Have an option to toggle PvP on and off with your clan members e.g if you want a PvP arena to train in, etc.

To have the ability to purchase spawners to place inside of buildings e.g target practice. Maybe 2000 Topians? Should be expensive because they are very useful.

TerrainControl for terrain.

Multiple mayors.

Healing blocks.

Crate system[looks like it's added]

20-30 minutes of PvE to get tools and then PvP

Radio towers.

More to come!

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
4. Have an option to toggle PvP on and off with your clan members e.g if you want a PvP arena to train in, etc.

5. To have the ability to purchase spawners to place inside of buildings e.g target practice. Maybe 2000 Topians? Should be expensive because they are very useful

More to come!
On the first suggestion quoted, I actually like it a lot if possible. Suggestion two I don't care for, as it will just lead to tons of XP grinding and I like it better to have spawners be a somewhat rare thing :p

Multiple mayors ^_^

Also I like suggestion 5
I believe superstein already stated the current plugin doesn't allow multiple mayors and he's suggested it in a update. So unless I'm wrong by that it will hopefully happen... Just gotta wait for the plugin to do it!

Chips

Reaction score
How about this, (a lot of people may not like this, I know) when the server starts, why not 20-30 minutes of PvE, as it allows people to actually get stone/wooden tools without having to worry about getting killed over and over without even getting tools. Even 10 minutes would be okay.

• Agree
Reactions: Stretford01

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
How about this, (a lot of people may not like this, I know) when the server starts, why not 20-30 minutes of PvE, as it allows people to actually get stone/wooden tools without having to worry about getting killed over and over without even getting tools. Even 10 minutes would be okay.
Over previous smps I don't think that this was a problem. Most people go their separate ways at the beginning and there's usually little conflict. If there is spawn killing, staff will be sure to deal with the offender(s). I think it should be ok.

• Agree
Reactions: JKangaroo

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
give me a crate system like tf2 where i go to a store to buy crates and keys (donation money!!!) unbox it for useless things like iron swords and stone shovels, occasionally get strange diamond swords, and cream myself over unusuals like leather hat that emits redstone particles

good idea y/n
To be honest - why not?

There are plugins that enable such a thing, we'd only have to find a technical solution to hand over keys for small amounts.

It does go against our "no donate to get advantages" rule though, depending on how it's done.

Will ponder about it!

• Optimistic
Reactions: Notme
W

Wimali

give me a crate system like tf2 where i go to a store to buy crates and keys (donation money!!!) unbox it for useless things like iron swords and stone shovels, occasionally get strange diamond swords, and cream myself over unusuals like leather hat that emits redstone particles

good idea y/n
To be honest - why not?

There are plugins that enable such a thing, we'd only have to find a technical solution to hand over keys for small amounts.

It does go against our "no donate to get advantages" rule though, depending on how it's done.

Will ponder about it!
How about giving Blocktopia Premium members the ability to use 1 crate a month? ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Roobarb Pie

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score

good idea y/n
To be honest - why not?

Will ponder about it!
Yeah, like there would not be a difference between a regular diamond sword and a diamond sword that just counts the amount of kills you get, so it's not too game-breaking

You could charge a small amount (maybe $1 or even $0.50) for keys so that it's still possible for people to buy some and still be supporting the community via donations

I guess the only thing is that, could you gear yourself fully in the first hour just be unboxing things, hmmm

• Haha

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Yeah, like there would not be a difference between a regular diamond sword and a diamond sword that just counts the amount of kills you get, so it's not too game-breaking

You could charge a small amount (maybe $1 or even $0.50) for keys so that it's still possible for people to buy some and still be supporting the community via donations

I guess the only thing is that, could you gear yourself fully in the first hour just be unboxing things, hmmm
We're already discussing it. And yes, it would just be fancy stats tracking weapons and stuff, fun things to brag about that do not have any huge gameplay effect.

• Haha

Shande

The Real Slim Shande
Donor
Reaction score

good idea y/n
To be honest - why not?

Will ponder about it!

SCREW DUSK OF DISCORDIA. THIS IS CRAFTFORTRESS 2.

• Agree

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
Because for the first hour or so, the server will be filled with people who haven't played the previous smp since it was released. And those same people will do it again; they'll play for maybe a week, and be gone. So that 20-30 minute benefit goes to people who will end up not playing and only showed up for a new server. Meanwhile, a lot of people (usually like me) will be waiting for people to leave the server so we can get in, and won't benefit from it at all. Seems like wasted effort.

• Agree
Reactions: Stretford01

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com

We're already discussing it. And yes, it would just be fancy stats tracking weapons and stuff, fun things to brag about that do not have any huge gameplay effect.
Not sure if it's completely possible, but what about an enchanted book with the "Strange" enchantment? That way, you could choose where you put your enchantment.

You could add it to any weapon/tool you want, and it would count how many kills you've got/blocks you've mined.

Of course, you could still have strange items in the crates, such as "Strange Wooden Sword" or "Strange Bow," but the "Strange" enchanted book could be more rare than those. :p