[???] The Temple

Fatalis

Reaction score
So I'm working on a new map for the Army of Darkness server, and I need a few suggestions/ideas:

1. Should the place have many branching tunnels or a single open area?
2. The entire area will be full of traps, some notable ones being an "arrow run" (Think Indiana Jones) and traps that require player activation (one of them being a player presses a button and it causes the floor to open and anyone on them to fall into a pit of lava) Do you have any more ideas?
3. Is it possible to have it so the survivors win once they reach a certain point? If so, I will make it so it is very hard to get there and will require most of the time.

Numberplay

Reaction score
i don't recommend too much traps. this will make the newbies hate your map since they'll fall in them most of the time and lose their stuff. Also, shouldn't this be in AoD section?

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
You could make hidden traps for chests containing goodies, however.

Reactions: Jayfeather

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
The map will only end when the timer is hit or all Survivors are dead currently. There may be different modes far in the future.

I wouldn't use lava for hidden traps, but trapping people in a pit sounds cool. Lava sounds good for jumps, but give Hunters some blocks in their kits.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
The map will only end when the timer is hit or all Survivors are dead currently. There may be different modes far in the future.

I wouldn't use lava for hidden traps, but trapping people in a pit sounds cool. Lava sounds good for jumps, but give Hunters some blocks in their kits.
A pit fall trap sounds cool, Survivors would have to crouch to survive so that Hunters don't get them :)

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
I suggest a maze it will make the whole map more difficult and fun. Traps are good too though but not to many the whole point of the game is still for the huters to get the survivors and not the traps, but a few would be cool.