Not open for further replies.

jackamel

Op Purple :D
Contributor
Reaction score

Town Name:
[CTY] The CTY Empire

Town Theme:
We have multiple themes. The overall theme of what we are, and will be making is "Empire". The idea of a land with a capital, several villages. The Theme of the capital is City. The building of large towers, and just a large amount of houses/buildings in general. With roads, streetlights and all fancy stuff. The Theme of the villages will be the Medieval theme. Houses with blacksmiths, bars and wooden houses.

Introduction of Town:
One might wander off from the lands of elysium, and get lost...
To find a wooden wall, reaching for miles.
One will see towers and roads, from the city beyond.
Buildings like no man had ever seen.
One would wonder for hours how this was possible.
A city bigger than any town.
A land of peace, and happiness.
A land founded by the purple lord, a cow and a sweet kitten.
One could cross the walls and be treated good.
For in CTY, you will feel well.

Approximate Coordinates of Town Centre:
X: 1002
Z:-1721

List of Members/Leaders:
Leaders:
- Jackamel
- Nottycat
- Ooglie101
Members:
- MrNeonBunny
- Jene567
- Asaechao
- Nuss
- Basta
- Milieee
- Avalanche2114
- TheRedShark
- Bonbonladen826
- Penner9003
- Lerdsidolo
- Jlorenztson
- Hpesoj8
- Dumbshooter
- Dessern5

Chest Protection:
Yes

Preferred Tag:
[CTY]

Screenshots of Town:

Why Should Your Town Be Official:
We have build good buildings, we have many good ideas. In some time the land of CTY will look more amazing than ever. And people will love it. But we can't wait for that moment to apply. We sometimes talk alot about things etc. And it would be lovely to have a clanchat to talk to each other without spamming the main chat with stuff others dont want/need to know. Also I dont believe that someone has raid CTY yet, but the chest protection would be very usefull just in case. CTY has been here for the last 3 servers now. [Including this one]. On the first one we made a city also, it was pretty big and we loved it. It wasn't that organized, but we will change that now. Last SMP map there was alot of inactivity for CTY, thus nothing much was build. But I have the feeling the activity on this server will stay high for alot of time. And then of course there is this map. Where we already have build a part of our capital, which is seen here in the green circle. In the black circle there is the "old-cty" part and the harbour. The pink circle is Nuss's home. He is part of CTY but the house is different from the themes, so its outside the walls.

The CTY villages will probabily be here.At the moment on the place where the left village will come there is a house and a big farm.This will of course be removed. It served as a home to put the resources of Nottycat. And a farm to eat from.

So as you can see, CTY have planned things out, and once complete, will be amazing.

Signed, Jackamel

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
-1 because you stole my furnace wood.

But seriously, this is a rather ambitious project. I'd like to see it approved, but I haven't visited the town yet. I'll give it a vote when I go visit, so consider this a placeholder. 0 for now.

EDIT: I must say I am impressed. You guys have clearly put a lot of work into this, and I definitely vote +1. Godspeed.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
To start with, I admire the commitment in this project. Though I am going to judge you as a town. As you stated yourself, it is a city with all kind of fancy stuff (so modern), so honestly it is out of the server theme, which I don't like, but I can hardly forbid you ways to build.

As for the big city with big structures, they would look nice on a more modern server, but as well on such server you are missing any form of decoration inside, and hardly a person could live there.

So, I think it is the most appropiate to judge you on areas where one and more can actually live and is (near) the servertheme. Though, in the city itself I kind of give a plus for the town market and docks. I find them pretty, but they have more right to stand around the mansion in my opinion.

Then now talking about the town, I have the feeling it is more some sort of temporary living area, till you are going to replace it with a big ass structure :p As well that the town looks a bit random, it is hard to put my finger on anything themed!

Then I really do have to give a lot of kuddos for the mansion, I really wish the area was filled with more of this kind of buildings, Nuss and Penner9003, much of love to you two!

Furthermore the farm, or whatever it is really looks abonded, which makes me sad. I hope that you people get the area filled some faster, because I find it unfair to others that might have wished to live there too.

As last talking about the structures, the wall, why is it wood when you name yourself a city?!?!

Now some practical stuff, I cannot and will not hand out protective zones to such large area, I have my limits! Then seeing as you want to be a CITY, and the tag could be CITY, I really don't understand why you choose to be named CTY again! x)

Sploorky

Reaction score
Ok, just looked at it today.

I'm a bit half and half on it, really. Looking at just the buildings, I can say some of your builds looks really nice(such as the mansion and the port), but on the flip side, a lot of the buildings look strange, and take away from the overall look of the town(an example of this would be the obsidian, netherrack, glass, sand, mossy cobble building). Also, while I assume this would probably be hard due to your theme, I'd suggest trying to make what you build blend more into the grass and area around it, as that really makes the look of your town better.

Another thing I'd like to see is the buildings having purposes, like the glass and wool skyscrapers.

I'd have to give a 0 on this one. I know how much you've been working on this, and I know with more work, you could make a town that I would gladly +1.

crashb23

The Rising Star
Reaction score
CTY has always blown me away with the time and commitment put into building amazing structures. However, at this point the small town looks disorganized, and they city itself seems lonely. I think if you keep working on it, and really make the place look more like a home, I would be willing to +1 it. For now though, I am giving it a 0.

Q

Qube

As it is now, i don't think CTY is ready to be an official town.

While parts of the town looks nice, i'l have to agree with what has been stated above, bits of it really doesn't fit in and in my opinion you applied to soon.
To me it looks like the actual towers in the City where rushed, or at least not properly finished, because most of them are just empty shells, and with the towers being made of glass it looks pretty weird with it being empty on the inside!

I'd love to see you apply in the future, when the town is more properly done!

Alkatraz

Reaction score
Marnixxie said:
I cannot and will not hand out protective zones to such large area, I have my limits!
How do CTY plan on responding to this? - Would the village be protected or the skyscrapers?

There are a number of things which I like; the central glass tower, Nuss's mansion, the port and village area, the road bridge, and the new roads.
However, I don't like the rest of the skyscrapers or the old roads.

As CTY is at the moment, I see 2 divergent themes, both fighting for dominance. I'm not sure medieval and modern are easy to meld together in Minecraft. It works to an extent in London, but that is more Victorian onwards and it's a complete mess!

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
The town is looking good and the idea of a big town is there. I don't mind that too much, the fact that it doesn't fit within the theme of the server. The only problems I'd have is that a lot of buildings are unfinished but I am sure that you didn't mean to leave them in that state.

If you finish some of the buildings I have seen then I am going with a +1
For now it will a 0 though.

jackamel

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok so firstly I would like to apologies for the delay in replying to the questions and writing a response. But in CTY we have been working extremely hard trying to rectify the city/towns, upon the somewhat issues that people have raised on the application.

Firstly I would like to explain in more detail of just what The CTY Empire is. I understand there was a little confusion into what exactly CTY is, and that the themes of CTY didn’t fit together and that there was a confusion of style. The reason for this is that CTY has different districts. It is not one place. The CTY Empire is a collection of towns, upon one mass of land, an empire, a world within the world, if you like.

The CTY Empire plans to be a collection of 4 towns and a capital. Of which 3 out of 5 are currently being built, with the 4th in early stages of production. Each settlement are as followed, with description:

-Capital CTY – As the name suggests the capital of the empire. A place of grand and extravagant building. This is the place of modernity, which we understand doesn’t quite fit with the server setting, however we made sure it is concealed into one place, with a fair distance from any other build. The capital has been developed recently following the comments from the staff. Marn praised nuss/neon style mansions, and ask for more. So we did just that. Mansion Avenue (Yes we named the roads) is a street of mansions. The capital theme in one word is ‘Grand’, hence the towers. Which have now been categorized, Splookry raised a point that some of the buildings in the capital looked a bit ‘random’. This has now changed. Most capital towers now have a black/grey/white theme, which will be continued when the rest of the towers are built. Another theme that is current in the capital is, sandstone/enderstone, these are generally used in the capital for government buildings/monuments. Again these materials for us create a grand feeling. We have also worked upon the details, trying to finish the insides of buildings.

-Ye Old Port – I think the most praised part of our empire. Ye Old Port is a tradition minecraft style, with a kind of NCP village, CTY crossover style. The older part of Ye Old Port marn said I have the feeling it is more some sort of temporary living area, till you are going to replace it with a big ass structure’. I doubt that we are going to remove that district of town as people still live there and it is a nice area. Even if the area were edited, it would match the cobble/wood style of the main port area. But there are certainly no plans to remove it or build a ‘big ass structure’ on it.

-Horbacki North – This is the 4th build I mentioned earlier, that is in the first stages of production. We have been creating a false snowy biome, (which slowed since the removal of snow golems :p). However we have continued to create, eventually this will be a snowy styled village, made from spruce wood, snow and ice.

-Horbacki South – Horbacki North and South are neighbors to each other, hence the north/south names. Horbacki South is further in production than North. South is being styled as a Texan style, desert. So a stalk contrast to neighboring North. Being built from sand/sandstone/birch and oak. This village is unique and stylized in the CTY lands.

-Ocra Hoyden (unconfirmed Name) – This village at the moment is in very early planning stage of production. It will be located beside the large farm area, so it wont be abandoned (which it never was) and marn will be happy :D. It will be a traditional minecraft farming village.

Here is a picture of the arrangement of The CTY Empire settlements, marked on the land.

Now, to cover the further points that were raised in the staff comments.

‘A lot of buildings seem unfinished’
-Yes, a few of them are currently being built, they aren’t abandoned, they are just in the process at the moment.

‘Protective Zone can’t be handed out to such a large area’
-We completely understand that and the reasoning behind it. The Solution is to only apply it to the capital district, which is where most of the CTY population will live.

‘Why CTY, shouldn’t it be CITY’
-Well, servers ago, when Dumbshooter and I, founded [CTY] The City, we never imagined the growth that we developed. CTY, probably never digitally communicated as what it is. I guess a lot of you pronounce it as Cee-Tee-Why. However this was never the case CTY is pronounced as city. And for old times sake, would prefer to keep CTY as our tag, to us its kind of iconic. Further reasoning now also, is that we are not just a city, we are an empire. 1 city, 1 town, 3 villages, makes up The CTY Empire. (Pronounced as The City Empire) xD

‘Applied too soon’
-A small part of me agrees, but the most part doesn’t. One thing I did not want to happen was for CTY to build build build, complete, get town status, then have nothing to do. At the moment and for a long time yet, CTY is a continuing project always changing and growing, we have future projects that are in plan, that wont begin for weeks yet, or at least until we have finished some of the current projects. CTY will never be finished building in my opinion, so we cannot exactly wait until we’ve finished.

Ok so I think I’ve covered the main points that one or several staff members raised. To round up big projects take time, so there is still lots to do, but I believe CTY is ready for town status. I personally I have put ‘citizen’ commitment into making this town, as good as it can be, and will continue to do so. Furthermore CTY defiantly have their principles and designs straight, and all the members of the empire understand the thinking and concepts behind our ‘world’.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll start off by saying I admire the amount of work and dedication put in to this project. I think that, although it doesn't exactly follow the theme of the server, I'd like this to be an official town. I would like to see the projects finished more though, as I felt before it was much more incomplete (although the update has changed my mind enough). Good work, you all deserve my +1.

Reactions: jackamel

Alkatraz

Reaction score
Oh go on then, you can have my +1.
It might not be my favourite theme, but I can't deny there are bits I like, particularly some of the newer stuff being built to the East of the big glass tower.
Thank you for the more detailed plan of what's to come.

Reactions: jackamel

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
At first I was very skeptical about this whole city thing, but after reading through your future plans, and the main things that you've accomplished, I'm leaning towards it getting accepted. Later today, I'll take a full walkaround of it all, really should of done this since earlier since I live less that 300 blocks away.

EDIT: After my walkthrough, I've made several observations:
Cons
1. Building Quality Consistency: Look, I understand many different people are working on this project, and different themes are being used for each little area, but the building quality really varies in some areas. Like for instance, that little suburb street off the capital with all the cute little houses was fantastic, while some buildings around the just really vary in this. I understand its a WIP, and hope to see this improved!

2. Anybody home?: Although someone stated this earlier, some(not all) buildings, especially near the capital, feel like a ghost town, nothing but space inside the walls. But same as before, its a WIP, I can't be picky.

Pros
1. Transport: To be honest, I may be the only one really appreciating the effort that went into that nice railway of yours (head aeres railway builder horror lul). Besides the railway, the roads and signs are nice and easy to follow to get around.

2. Variety of themes: Although I listed the building quality earlier, the themes(and how they avoided overlapping) are great. From the entry port to the suburbs, I liked it.

I guess I'll throw in my +1. Oh, and jackamel, do you plan at upgrading those walls and possibly adding another way into the city, since its so big?

jackamel

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, and jackamel, do you plan at upgrading those walls and possibly adding another way into the city, since its so big?
well there aren't plans at the moment to upgrade the walls, we probably will at some stage. And yes there will be more entrances, there are currently only two :) the port, and road to nuss's

Reactions: Wink
Status
Not open for further replies.