[teaser] What I've really been working on...

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, as a few of my recent posts suggest, I've been making outlandish suggestions for different AoD maps, in an attempt to hide my work on a concept I'm going through. With the community, we have a habit of throwing out the old and bringing in the new.

Not at hollowbastion, we don't. We like to throw stuff under the rug and hope noone has a look under there.

But now i'm lifting the rug to show the start of, in my own opinion, a revolutionary map, that may strike the AoD server with an old fresh light. Most people treasure their maps and towns as works of art. But sometimes, art needs to die. Decay. Raided by nature itself. Occasionally blown up by clumsy adventurers.

Ladies and gentlemen (and the others in between), hollowbastion will return.
And it'll be glorious.
And it will be ruined.
A hollow ruin, for all.

Reactions: chris360kss

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
This looks good. Did you use my floating island method? Also you could round the corners. This feels too squary.
That's because this is the classic bastion (i.e. The third town to ever exist on blocktopia), tomorrow, I'll be renovating that place to show what 2000 years of decay does to a place.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Too squary eh?
Minecraft is meant to be square!
If you look at the cut corners and such, they are almost perfect squares.. making it look kinda boring :p 0 Unless they are Mine shafts that were dug out?

• Agree
Reactions: Nazza1

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
A small update on this map. It's become rather confusing. But possibly, in this community's methods, almost revolutionary. The map is going to be divided into two seperate maps shortly before release. Due to the size of the crypt area I'm working on (could be seen somewhat similar in gameplay terms to the abyss level), and the size of HB normally, I will have to block off certain parts for each map, making it two seperate maps set in the same location.

Pics to come soon.

Reactions: Brando212