Tamzies - Operator Application

Tamzies

Reaction score
Hello Lovelies, me again!

This time not with an Advanced builder application, but with something more serious..
An Operator Application.

Account Name: Tamzies

Timezone: Greenwich +1 (The Netherlands or Holland)

References (Op+): Naterger, Chrisrocks300

Approx. time spent on BBB:
I honestly have no clue, so much hours have passed since I started my Buildbox career. I lost track of time a long time ago, so I cannot make a legit approximant of time.

Previous staff experience:
Usually, I don’t really apply on staff positions. This way I can help, but I don’t have the responsibilities of an Opp. I think I matured since, I am a bit older and now and I am ready to take on the challenge and responsibilities of an Operator on Buildbox.

Other notable contributions/feats/skills?
On this day I still hold my advanced builder rank, I got this rank on the 13th of December last year. I love building in my own quirky style. I try to develop myself every time I built something, destroying and looking at buildings with a critical eye is also something that is required to build a good build. Although a being a good builder is not really required, it is helpful to guide other builders with their builds. Being creative and authentic is also a nice skill to have. So that you can guide and advice players and builders.

(My terraform skills are a bit nonexistent, I am not really good at the whole terraforming thing, but I don’t think that is something that would slim my chances into becoming an operator.)

What do you think the role entails?
There are a multiple things that I can typ now, a giant list of what it actually entails, a list with things that everyone knows and everyone typs to get more chances, but I want to make it something more. Being an operator starts with yourself, you need to be nice and be someone that people can relate to. They need to come to you and this requires trust. An operator would never barge into a Players house or rockets someone, because it is fun. It means being mature and be respectful to other. Giving a player the builder rank is the greatest thing that you can do as an Operator, the player will be grateful and will remember you. You are also going to catch the griefers and other wrong doers on Buildbox, a builder stops all of his time and hard work in a build and when a Griefer attacks it, the time is gone. That is why operators can give warning and bans, to clean up and scare away all of the scum out of Buildbox. ;)

Why do you want this position?
The last couple of months I kept thinking about becoming an operator. I want to become an active operator and a good asset to the team. As an active operator I will be fair, but strict if you do something wrong I will talk to you. Respect gives Respect, if you treat me badly, I will do the same to you. (But, I will do it on a more mature level.). I want this position to help Buildbox and make it a greater and better place with a lovely community.

Additional/final notes: Thanks for reading this monstrosity, I am honestly sorry that it got this long. I would love to join the team and make Buildbox a better place for everyone.
(Any mistakes made are due to my poor grammar skills and the fact that English is my second language.)
(The only thing I would be sad about is that I would loose my pretty lime coloured name.)

Last edited:

Naterger

Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
+1 Maturity and activity are a definite necessity for becoming an operator, I always see Tam on & setting a good example. The application itself is a bit hard to follow at times (due to english being her second language) however this is something i would have never infered based on ingame conversations with her. I believe that she understands the role of operator and then some, and will perform beyond our expectations, thus making a great addition to the buildbox team!

• Thank You
Reactions: Tamzies

Collosal

Reaction score
I will be going with a +1. I see you on the server all the time, I think you understand what the role entails, and you're very mature. Would love to see you on staff!

• Thank You

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
+1. Your activity and maturity is of an op's level by far, you're helping out loads, setting a great example for future op applicants, and you know what an op's role is. You're a great person, who would make a great operator for sure. Good luck with the rest of your application!

• Thank You

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Nonexistent terraforming skills? Denied. Just kidding.
Based on my previous experience with you, I believe that your maturity and building skills are on point. And as Nate has mentioned, I wouldn't have taken you as ESL based on our in-game conversations. As for your application, it's great and it looks like you know what's needed from you for this staff role. Overall, I think that it would be nice to see you added to the Buildbox team. +1

• Thank You