Survivor Hats and Hunter Lights

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
What I was thinking was that maybe for a survivor kit you could give them a hat like, say, glass and have them wear it, just like the hunters wear their jack-o-lanterns. They should also be unable to take them off, because then someone who makes a kit could put, like, a lava bucket for a hat, take it off, and there, a free extra item. It should be just a fun touch for mapmakers.
Also, what I was thinking was maybe we could give hunters the same light properties as jack-o-lanterns, as if the pumpkin on their head is still giving off light. It would make it easier to see for a hunter, making it easier to kill, and also, say you were a survivor in a dark room, suddenly an ominous light starts coming toward you, and BOOM, hunter kills you. Just some fun things I thought of, let me know if you like them please. :D

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
^ Very true, now there kids, is the reason why you can not hold torches in your hand in vanilla minecraft :D
I remember the Dynamic Lighting mod; it was always so laggy to use, more laggy than it usually is. :p

As for the survivor hats, I don't see why not, but I also don't see why. :p

The hunters wear pumpkins, so we can know they are a hunter, rather than a survivor.

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
It's not neccesary and would prohibit the use of a helmet I believe.
It isn't necessary, exactly. I'm just saying it can be an option for mapmakers to add, maybe for RPG or put on a random so you can't get a helmet, but more of a character-decoration thing is what I'm thinking. I'm not saying any specific ideas for fear people will steal them :3

radman573

Reaction score
I'm not saying any specific ideas for fear people will steal them :3
If you suspect that any one is stealing your work, you could always tell an admin. I mean look at the kindness thread thing, they found that it was copyright from ANOTHER forum. You won't have to worry about peeps taking your ideas :D

Anyway, helmets do not provide the BEST protection, so I could work if a map maker really wanted it to, but it isn't a necessity and I doubt peeps would think much of it after a while :)

Reaction score
I don't see why we'd disadvantage the humans further, when they already have a hard-pressed time surviving against the powerful hunters? :p Sure it would be fun, but then they wouldn't be able to wear helms... and I don't want to force that on players.

However... I can see this being more of an optional reward kind of thing. IE. Allowing the use of the "/hat" plugin when you reach a certain rank. Yet this would still cause problems with hunters changing their hats... which means even more problems to try and fix...

Nah, I think it's better without hats for now :)

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I'm saying mapmakers can equip survivors with blocks or items as if equipping them with a helmet, the difference being you can't take them off, they don't allow protection, and it's a different item.

Here's my example. I'm making a map that has a setting in space (I actually am right now XD) and I wanted to add a festive little "costume" to the people who play it. Say it's 1.4 already (which is the time I expect to finish it!). I equip them with a white leather chestplate, boots, and leggings. What can complete a spaceman look? A glass block on their head! And, thankfully, with the convenient new "Survivor Hats" option for mapmakers, I can put a glass block on their head! They're spacemen now! Or i want to make some foresty map, and Ill put green armor and leaves on their head! ETC.!

That's why I wanted to do the Survivor Hats thing.

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
If it came to be, you could easily /hat [material] to put a material from your inv onto your head.

But putting a hat automatically from a kit? Less likely. You're going against all minecraft logic and trying to force the item there, which would take a bit of working around, especially from a kit for in single instance, on a single map. I think you'd be better off giving them a blue colored leather helm =P