Survival Games

Would you want the Survival Games 2.0 Automated?

• Yes plox

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Not really

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
Authors: Original map by Vareide - Automated by Baker93

Map Name: Survival Games

Amount of Players: 6-24

Type of Map: PvP

Link to the Map (Or Bloxel world it is in): http://www.mediafire.com/?l2fiu518419w4m9
On a side note, daheq is a Bloxel? XD
Screenshots of the map: The maps kinda big, so here's an overall shot of spawn ( The only bit I changed)

Why do you think this map will make a good addition? Well, as I'm sure you are aware, people just looooovveee their Hunger James, if not, where you been? I'm not sure if you enjoy the endless onslaught of "HOST HUNGER GAMES PLOX" "PLOX HOST" "I'LL PING HIM", but I'm guessing you don't, and here's the answer. With this, people can play HG without a host. I understand this map has obvious flaws, such as relying on people to go to the middle if the game drags on, but hey, that's up to them. The map is made for people who want to play Hunger Games and if they want to play that bad, they better darn well co-operate. As explained on signs, you fill pods 1-6 first and pull the levers. Once they are pulled, the game starts just as it normally would, as well as stopping anyone who respawns from re-entering the map (hopefully). Please note - the only part I did was the redstone wiring for the levers, I did NOT add any more chests or traps to the map. I know it has its issues, but I'd like to learn what I could add to strengthen it's possibilty.
Has this map been tested thoroughly? (Proof if possible!): The map? Yes. But my alterations? No. It works, I know that to be a fact, but short of playing a round on Singleplayer, I couldn't really test it. *foreveralone*

Fill in the following template:
difficulty: #normal
blockBreakMode: true
blockBreak: # - Bedrock
- Obsidian
- Smoothstone
blockPlaceMode: true
blockPlace: # - Bedrock
- Obsidian
- Water
enableAdminMode: false
creeper: true #
enderman: true #
zombie: true #
skeleton: true
spider: true
mobs: true #
vechiledestroy: true
paintingbreak: true #

I may very well have derped this, please don't hurt me. *cowers*

Malacath

God of Orcs & Destruction
Reaction score
There are some simpel reasons why there is staff necessary.

1. Everyone needs clear inventories for games like this. It's easy to cheat.
2. There MUST be one supervisor (globel announcer, taking care of the field, makes sure everything gets added what needs to be)
3. You all spawn somewhere you can't escape, there is an op necessary to TP you.
4. This is a special game, we dont want to milk it out, do we?
5. It's easier if OPs announce games like this, it's extremely hard for a normal player to draw attention for big games. Because, this is only fun with 14 or more.

I hope you take this in your consideration, that's why I vote with a no on this one. Sorry fellows.

LEGOMAN2134

Reaction score
There are some simpel reasons why there is staff necessary.

1. Everyone needs clear inventories for games like this. It's easy to cheat.
2. There MUST be one supervisor (globel announcer, taking care of the field, makes sure everything gets added what needs to be)
3. You all spawn somewhere you can't escape, there is an op necessary to TP you.
4. This is a special game, we dont want to milk it out, do we?
5. It's easier if OPs announce games like this, it's extremely hard for a normal player to draw attention for big games. Because, this is only fun with 14 or more.

I hope you take this in your consideration, that's why I vote with a no on this one. Sorry fellows.
Couldn't we have a sign up sheet and have it on a private server that changes the ip every offical Round

Dragosh

Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
This map was submitted for the server for everyone to play, not for us to host.

What this map does well:
It allows anyone who loves Hunger Games to be able to host their own.

What this map doesn't do so well:We already have Hunger Games on our server which some staff members like to host sometimes (I myself being one of them). I don't really know if this should be added. I am considering it, but I know that we want to keep the HG as a special staff hosted event. Maybe sometime in the future, when people become bored of the HG, and it becomes a normal map instead of a special event.

Should this map be accepted?
No

Extra Comments:
I would like to thank you for taking the time to make this. Hopefully one day this could be in the server.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
What this map does well:
No comment

What this map doesn't do so well:
It allows everyone to host the map, which would end up ruining the fun for it - The Hunger Games was supposed to be a special map but therefor not in this submission.

No

Extra Comments:
Too be honest, why would we install a new Hunger Games map when we currently have a well-modified map that took the staff a while to setup so that we could get rid of unnecessary diamonds and whatever else we decided to remove or add items/interesting concepts to the map to make it more exciting?

Though we appreciate you spending your time modifying this map, I do not think it would replace the current map.

Sploorky

Reaction score
What this map does well:
It's a fun event, and players would enjoy the map at the beginning.

What this map doesn't do so well:
As noted earlier, games like this need refs, to make sure everything runs smoothly. If the map was played without a ref, it would become increasingly stale later as it progressed, and would most likely end up having many of the players quit. Also, it's a special event, and for the time being, should be kept a special event =p.

No

Extra Comments:
I like the idea, it just isn't the time for it now.

Dragosh

Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
Unfortunately, this map did not fit the requirements for the server and thus, this submission has been Declined.
We felt that a Denial was necessary because:
Really, huge thank you for making this. However, at this time, this won't be added. Sometime in the near future, I will re-consider adding this to the server however. Until then, it's going to be declined. Sorry.

However, we still thank you for taking an interest in the server and submitting/suggesting a map!