Status
Not open for further replies.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
In-game username: superstein

Staff references (Con+): TheQube

Time spent on the server: 5 days, 9 hours and 11 minutes.

Other server ranks (present and past):
Past TNT Trusted [June 25, 2012 – October 14, 2012]
Current TNT Operator [October 14, 2012 – Present]
~
Past Adventure and Tournaments Guide [July 14, 2012 – Sepember 14, 2012]
~
Past Journey to Elysium Trusted [December 27, 2012 – January 18, 2013]
Current Journey to Elysium Operator [January 18, 2013 –Present]

TeamSpeak: Yes.

How would you describe the responsibility of the rank you apply for:
If I was chosen for the role of Economist, in summation, I would be in charge of the economy of the server. What this means is keeping up with the playerbase, and keeping up with the times. I will have to change up the sales in places such as Mercantia, the pre-made towns and potential new areas for shopping. Tweaking these will also be a big part of my job, as players get a surplus of a certain item, or players complain of a certain trade. I will also have to innovate and create new ways to get emeralds, and create events such as sales and special markets that will pop up occasionally. As the Economist, I will also have to keep up with the playerbase, and this includes their concerns, opinions, and keeping an ear open for what they might say, as well as keeping tabs on the amount of emeralds players may have. From this I can modify sales to my likings, and create a perfectly balanced and fair economy to give the players freedom and introduce new aspects of the game to get more emeralds!

Tell us about your experience as an Operator:
As an Operator, I’ve dealt with a variety of situations including but not exclusive to references, rulebreaks, events and complaints. From having a large influence on the staff team through my power to reference, to having a decision on villages and towns, and to be able to reverse a massive grief, I’ve realized I have quite an influence and lots of power on the server. I’ve been able to grow into this power, and use it to the betterment of the server. I feel though, that I’m ready to take it to the next level, and not just have influence on but fully manage the economy of the Journey to Elysium server.

Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?:
I work as hard as I can to make the server run smoothly and to be a strong staff member, and contribute to the server as much as possible. I also have a massive forum activity (procrastination won’t be useless) as I check the forums a lot while in-game, and even while on the road. I enjoy minecraft for the game it is, and I try to avoid using commands such as /tp when it’s not completely necessary, as I enjoy the journey as much as the destination. To me, I feel that the job of an Operator is not to use the powers for yourself but for others. If I was given the rank of Economist, I would work day in and day out to help the server and economy run as smooth as possible, and valuing the concerns of the playerbase along with mine to sculpt the economy into a system everyone can enjoy, and I can be content with. I’ve already envisioned how I will run the rank and will devote myself to learning the commands and such, and will try to do a good job. I’m not perfect, nor is anyone, but I will try to be as perfect as possible.

Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words:
I’m just a kid that enjoys playing Minecraft and having a good time. I study hard in school and I have no idea as to what I want to be (although I’d like to become a doctor)! In the summer I enjoy going to camp, playing sports and finding ways to pass the time when nobody’s around. As for my musical tastes, I tend to listen to Indie Rock, as it tends to be quite smooth, has a positive flow and is quite erratic, much like how I’d consider myself! I consider myself to be good with money – I’m also quite good at making it rain.

Thank you for reading this, and considering me as the last complement to the staff role team!

Signed: superstein

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
I remember when you first started out as a Trusted. You moved up so quickly, and to be honest I was unsure of your abilities. But after working for you over these past few weeks you have proved yourself more than capable. What I appreciate about you is the time you commit to the server. Everything from 5 days of ontime you've committed in-game, to the time you spend on the forums and irc. (You should try Teamspeak sometime ;)) You're just someone who makes themselves available, and as a staff member it is so important that we can reach you if we need help with something.

Something else I really enjoy about you is the fact that you aren't afraid to admit your flaws. If you don't know how to do something, you're not afraid to fess up and ask for help. This is vital to your role as Economist. It is so much better to look stupid for a few seconds than to risk messing up the server or the economy by assuming you know what to do. Of course, this is just my own personal opinion, but I respect you for your honesty.

Superstein would be a great economist. I vote to give him a chance. +1

Alkatraz

Reaction score
I'm surprised that you're only 13, I had placed you a couple of years older, which certainly says a lot about your maturity!

Over the last 8 months I have seen you grow in the community, you've done a good job on TNT Wars, and have kept at that same level on Journey to Elysium.
You are a good staff member and also a good member of the community and I appreciate your input in things.

From your application it certainly appears as though you understand the role of Economist, and I think that you could definitely succeed at it if you put in the effort. You've got my vote, I think you would do well in the position of Economist.

Q

Qube

I referenced you and told you to make me a great Economist application, and it seems you lived up to that promise Superstein!

Anywho, i have always enjoyed talking with you on IRC or the forums, and you are all in all a great guy to be around with, i'v never had any problems with your whatsoever and you have contributed a lot to make Elysium a nice server for everyone.
I feel you have done a really good job staffing on Elysium, you have asked if you ever had any questions, aswell as finding out the answers on your own and sharing them to the other staff who might have had the same problems. Your application is great, and i get the impression you understand what you have to do as an Economist on Elysium, and i think you are ready to give it a go.

Good luck!

• Agree
Reactions: Undefined User 7

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
Not going to give a particularly wordy response as I genuinely can't think of much wrong with the application.

You are a very friendly guy, someone that I'm sure players will happily approach and co-operate with. From reading your application, I can see you have a solid grasp as to what the duties and expectations for an Economist are.

It is nice to see your dedication and interest into the server shining through and leading you to frequent IRC. You are active and more than mature enough, so no quarrels there!

It is clear that you worked hard on the application, and didn't want to rush yourself to get to this point. Not much else to say and I'd be clutching at straws to find a solid reason not to back the application. Tis a yes from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.