Suggestions

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
(Suggestions are in RED for easier finding. Pros are in Blue and Cons are in Green)
As we all know spawn killing on AoD can be extremely annoying.
I know that the server is only in beta testing and a few bugs are acceptable but on one of the game modes (FFA) you join and immediately get killed and this happens multiple times until everyone spreads out.

Now, my suggestion is to either add a grace period or spawn protection. Such as on RoF where when you are inside spawn you cannot get hurt by lava or mobs. This would make the game mode a lot more enjoyable to some of the less strategic PvPers
This mostly happens in FFA but also in Zombie. I've experienced being a hunter and the survivors camp around the spawn...though this has only happened once.
You could also add a camping plugin such as on the old AoD, where if you stood in one place for too long a message would come up saying "You are camping, you have 60 seconds to move." I can't remember the rest of the message but this was very good at spreading players out and also preventing spawn killers.

This is my last suggestion. Though I don't know if this would work it's worth a try.
I was thinking a spectator mode of some sort. So if you want to watch how the game is going on WITHOUT getting killed. Although I think that most people would just go into this mode to avoid having to play on their least favourite mode...perhaps this could be only for higher ranks?

Once again. The spectator mode could be a bit buggy and an escape for people who don't like the game that is on but I think this could be for the higher more skilled people who won't use it as much.
-----------------------------------------------
I hope you'll put my suggestions into consideration
Jenben101
(TheElemental)
( Sorry for the overly colourful text :p)

Reactions: Notme and Pink

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
-Tags in chat, which show the teams players are on.
-Sidebar additions: (Map name and) Gamemode
-Spawn protection for new spawns, anti spawnkilling

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Just added spawn protection for FFA now, as regards to spectator mode, it could be too abusive, and also it takes away from the fun of playing. If you don't like a round you can always quit and skip it. We will also heavily consider an anti camping system.

As regards to swift's post, the colour of your name shows your team, but we will be adding scoreboard messages showing extra info, like the map name, game mode etc.

Thanks for the suggestions though!