[Suggestion] Village markers in livemap.

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/suggestion-clan-markers-on-the-live-map.14765/
- funny because @std1997 made this one

Superstein's reply:
I thought I replied to this already.

Well, it is possible, and at one point this WOULD have been automated but for some odd reason support for it was removed. I'll request that it will be readded, and it is possible to do manually, but the problem is doing it manually would be hell and Sparkly and I would have trouble keeping up.
And then a valid reason for why this might not be a good idea brought up in the thread by DynastyOfBlocks:

Except bases have false /v info coordinates, such as Astraeus has a decoy.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
  • Agree
Reactions: Naoh

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
If anything, I think that villages could pay a set amount of topians (maybe 7500, 10x a landclaim?) to have a marker on the map. Making it this expensive to not make the livemap spammed entirely down with the markers. As they would have to be manually added, decoys wouldnt matter, it would simply be placed at the proper base, or not at all.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
If anything, I think that villages could pay a set amount of topians (maybe 7500, 10x a landclaim?) to have a marker on the map. Making it this expensive to not make the livemap spammed entirely down with the markers. As they would have to be manually added, decoys wouldnt matter, it would simply be placed at the proper base, or not at all.
I'm sure just making people fill out a form on the forums would prevent spam. As I said in previous threads, I don't want my village on the livemap. I won't pay for it, I won't request it, I WILL request that it be removed if added automatically. I'm certain some other settlements will feel the same, and the amount of inactive towns on top of that will likely curb any spamming.

• Agree
Reactions: Notme

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure just making people fill out a form on the forums would prevent spam. As I said in previous threads, I don't want my village on the livemap. I won't pay for it, I won't request it, I WILL request that it be removed if added automatically. I'm certain some other settlements will feel the same, and the amount of inactive towns on top of that will likely curb any spamming.
With spam, I mean that there is like 50? settlements, and paying a set amount of money would make sure there were not too many village markers on the map, I doubt any semiactive clans will bother writing an appliction, however, alot of them still got money. Anywho, I think seting a price to get a marker on the livemap would be a good and easy way to do it, rather than setting up some form on the forums, or anything else. As you said, an automated system is something I dont would be good even if it was available.