[Suggestion] Trapping Must Go

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I feel like a new rule must be added to Army of Darkness banning trappers. Sometimes, when survivors are in a house, Hunters will trap them inside the house and break little one-hole blocks to attack or they will let them starve. This must go because it is outright unfair. It practically guarantees that the survivors will die. It leaves the survivors helpless and unable to escape or fight back, and that's what AoD is about: not Hunters fighting survivors, but survivors and Hunters fighting each other. Not only that, but it also makes those survivors illegal, and it's kinda stupid to have the last survivor be illegal when it was the Hunters that trapped and illegalized him/her. Banning the method of trapping would certainly help gameplay. Please ban trapping. Thank you for reading this!

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Sorry if I sound a bit angry or rude in this thread as I am currently still raging in front of my screen as I write this. :p

I feel like a new rule must be added to Army of Darkness banning trappers. Sometimes, when survivors are in a house, Hunters will trap them inside the house and break little one-hole blocks to attack or they will let them starve. This must go because it is outright unfair. It practically guarantees that the survivors will die. It leaves the survivors helpless and unable to escape or fight back, and that's what AoD is about: not Hunters fighting survivors, but survivors and Hunters fighting each other. Not only that, but it also makes those survivors illegal, and it's kinda stupid to have the last survivor be illegal when it was the Hunters that trapped and illegalized him/her. Banning the method of trapping would certainly help gameplay. Please ban trapping. Thank you for reading this!

I'm going to counter-act this statement..

"Not only that, but it also makes those survivors illegal, and it's kinda stupid to have the last survivor be illegal when it was the Hunters that trapped and illegalized him/her."

With this; if you are in a reasonably sized house, then being trapped does not class you as illegal. If you know for a fact that you would be illegal if you crouched, but you go and crouch anyway, then that is your own fault. I've spoken to Baker in the past about it, and it is legal to trap players inside buildings.

Trapping is a legitimate strategy. Why should hunters get banned for trapping survivors (their enemy) if it is a completely legal, and productive way of winning the round (isn't that the whole point of the game, to see who can win?) I can understand if hunters are purposely making people illegal by breaking the only way to them, but not trapping them in a small house.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Sorry if I sound a bit angry or rude in this thread as I am currently still raging in front of my screen as I write this. :p

I'm going to counter-act this statement..

"Not only that, but it also makes those survivors illegal, and it's kinda stupid to have the last survivor be illegal when it was the Hunters that trapped and illegalized him/her."

With this; if you are in a reasonably sized house, then being trapped does not class you as illegal. If you know for a fact that you would be illegal if you crouched, but you go and crouch anyway, then that is your own fault. I've spoken to Baker in the past about it, and it is legal to trap players inside buildings.

Trapping is a legitimate strategy. Why should hunters get banned for trapping survivors (their enemy) if it is a completely legal, and productive way of winning the round (isn't that the whole point of the game, to see who can win?) I can understand if hunters are purposely making people illegal by breaking the only way to them, but not trapping them in a small house.
I go onto Fetina Bay and sit in a random room quite often, and without fail, Angel traps me every time. Sometimes he kills me and sometimes I beat his brains out. It's basically this -
Survival of the fittest. :3
:3

Everyone has their weakness, this is quite possibly yours
:roflmao:

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
If you are trapped, you are safe for a while. The hunters will have to break in to get to you, when this happend, you can either kill them and run out, or take a quick run around the room, depending how big it is, run out, and if you got blocks, place them behind you :3

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I personally don't think trapping like this should be banned. It's just another fun tactic a hunter can use :) We don't punish people who are illegal because a hunter trapped them, so there's nothing to worry about there :)