[Suggestion] Town Events

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
What I was thinking was that occasionally, we could have certain event-like competitions for towns only. I think it would be really fun joining up with your town representatives and competing against the other towns in various competitions.

I was also thinking that if this idea is implemented, there should be a way for towns to keep track of their wins. I was thinking we could designate a certain item, unobtainable but not giving an advantage, as a sort of "medal" that you win at each competition. Towns could win competitions and collect medals, then show them off.

Here's an example of my idea (which I would like to have if the idea is implemented):

Defend the Fort!
Get together your town and defend your own fort! Defend your fort from invading towns while conquering others all as well! The last fort to have living members wins!
Players needed: 1 General, 2 Archers, 3 Defense Knights, 4 Offense Knights
Rounds? NO
Forts and kits will be provided and taken away at the end of the tournament. A town will win if it has the last living members. A fort is conquered when all the players owning it are dead, or when the fort is completely demolished. Griefing the forts are not allowed, however blasting it with your fort's TNT cannons is legal.
The winning team receives 1 medal, 1 gold block, and 5 bottles o' enchanting
Competition begins on July 16, 2013

So, that's basically it. You guys like it?

Reactions: Shmid

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
It would definitely need to wait until there are enough towns to do competitions. And with timezones, maybe there could be two rounds for each thing at opposite ends of the day, so more people will have the chance regardless of timezones without staying up all night.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I am up for all kind of suggestions, but you are aware of the enormous PvE zone?

If you are, how do you want this working, remove the zone and risk complaints from other parties on the server? Whitelist the server for town-members only in this competition, risking as well complaints from other parties?

I think that the PvP area is already a great fit for clans to fight each other, and once someone kills it add to their amount of kills.

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I was thinking maybe we could make a small "hole"-type thing in the PvE zone where PvP is allowed, and restrict that zone for those activities only, kind of like a warzone.

If the suggestion is put into action, and the complaints from other parties become too numerous, we could just open it to all groups.

Just as a reminder, the "Defend a Fort" example was just that: an example. There could also be more town events that could be unrelated to PvP, maybe a building contest or, I don't know, an eating contest? :p