[Suggestion] Spleef arenas in some Classic maps

tyukmn

Esteemed
Donor
Reaction score
If we are adding deathrun maps, might as well consider adding spleef arenas as a map voting option as well.

tyukmn

Esteemed
Donor
Reaction score
I would rather see spleef arenas as a substitute for KotL instead as a whole gamemode as itself (since it's more PvP based then PvE)
I guess it would be better along side with Kotl rounds, but aren't blocks set to unbreakable in the lobby, and wouldn't the arena have to be rebuilt every round, how would that even work..?

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
I guess it would be better along side with Kotl rounds, but aren't blocks set to unbreakable in the lobby, and wouldn't the arena have to be rebuilt every round, how would that even work..?
It doesnt has to be in lobby but I think that if you do it in a seperate map it will cause more lag cause of players joining and leaving KotLFurther resetting the map would work the same way as the lava maps would reset.

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
Clarification- I didn't mean add a map which only has a spleef arena in it, but add spleef arenas to existing maps (like Bridges), (semi-)hidden underground.

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Clarification- I didn't mean add a map which only has a spleef arena in it, but add spleef arenas to existing maps (like Bridges), (semi-)hidden underground.
It would be more logical to add it to the lobby/lobbymap as ingame will cause problems as adding arenas and lavafree, not to speak of people getting cookies by only hiding in the arena

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
It would be more logical to add it to the lobby/lobbymap as ingame will cause problems as adding arenas and lavafree, not to speak of people getting cookies by only hiding in the arena
no but i mean just add a secret spleef arena with a timer in it which floods at a certain time so people won't abuse it so they can just have some fun in it at the beginning or something of the round

or make it so players have to block off a ton of shit to make the spleef arena survivable

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
A spleef arena will probably need three things: Timers, A No-Build area on top of the breakable spleef arena, And a way so players won't win cookies within that area.

There are currently two places where players won't earn cookies: Spawn area and the area outside of the map selection which doesn't flood and isn't buildable. Which leaves two places where Spleef arenas can be-- Spawn area or at the very top of the map.

The spawn area can be larger to accomodate a spleef area and surrounded with bedrock so players have way of knowing that they are in a safe area and that there's a safe path for players who aren't spleefing.

The other area can be at the very top of the map where the last floodable layer is the buildable area whilst the layers above it will be the area where players won't earn cookies.

Finally. If Dev can add another area in the map configs for a "spleef" selection similar to the Spawn and Map Border sections then the spleef area can be anywhere.

Side-Note:
If you're confused about what I just said then sorry, but just thinking about it-- I'm certain that the areas that I mentioned will work out- The maps will just need to be edited for the arenas.

Butamou

Grandmason
Contributor
Reaction score
A spleef arena will probably need three things: Timers, A No-Build area on top of the breakable spleef arena, And a way so players won't win cookies within that area.

There are currently two places where players won't earn cookies: Spawn area and the area outside of the map selection which doesn't flood and isn't buildable. Which leaves two places where Spleef arenas can be-- Spawn area or at the very top of the map.

The spawn area can be larger to accomodate a spleef area and surrounded with bedrock so players have way of knowing that they are in a safe area and that there's a safe path for players who aren't spleefing.

The other area can be at the very top of the map where the last floodable layer is the buildable area whilst the layers above it will be the area where players won't earn cookies.

Finally. If Dev can add another area in the map configs for a "spleef" selection similar to the Spawn and Map Border sections then the spleef area can be anywhere.

Side-Note:
If you're confused about what I just said then sorry, but just thinking about it-- I'm certain that the areas that I mentioned will work out- The maps will just need to be edited for the arenas.
You don't even need to make it a no build, IF this was a separate map/mini game. Simply put it in adventure mode and give people the tool the need, like a shovel via button and command block: /give @p iron_shovel 1 0 {CanDestroy:["minecraft:snow"]} this way the only thing they can break in the entire arena is snow and only if they have that shovel in hand.

Might have to be tweaked though because @p always has been weird for me in RoF. it does everyone instead..

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Why can't it be in the lobby? Custom regions can be set so that people can destroy on just that one layer, and a command block with a worldedit command in it could be used to reset it via like a Reset button with like a 120 second cool down in redstone.