[Suggestion] Spam

Reaction score
Name of your suggestion/idea: Spam Rule
What is the purpose of your suggestion/idea: To prevent people from spamming.
Why should it be implemented into the server: People spam extremely frequently, and it's very annoying. Adding a spam rule would remove all that with ease, there really is no downside.

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
I don't see people spam, if they do to any extent the staff would take care of it in a jiffy. I don't see the point in going to any lengths to stop something that just isn't there. If I misunderstood you I'm sorry.

Reaction score
I don't see people spam, if they do to any extent the staff would take care of it in a jiffy. I don't see the point in going to any lengths to stop something that just isn't there. If I misunderstood you I'm sorry.
I see spam almost every time i'm online :L It's sometimes even done by a certain OP Whose name I will not mention.

Well there already is a global rule against spam on any server so no need for this.
Some people don't seem to understand that.

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
I see spam almost every time i'm online :L It's sometimes even done by a certain OP Whose name I will not mention.

Well there already is a global rule against spam on any server so no need for this.
Some people don't seem to understand that.
That is when a op would warn them. See there is no point in adding a rule that already exists. And also if a op is spamming report it to SparklyMuffinz she'll take care of it.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I am curious as to what your definition of 'Spam' is. Being a tad verbose and having a bit of fun is one thing, and spamming the chat with 't' 't' 't' 'tt' 't' 'tt' is another.

Being one of the more talkative Operators of the server, and players in general, I'm fairly sure I'm the one you were referring to. I'm not exactly sure how I (or even another Op who may talk a lot too) ever spammed at all, and anything I say is, to be honest part of a conversation or a random thought. Hell, if I was limited as to the amount I could say I'd probably resign, I do not find the fun in a server that is fully gameplay (I am sure others do though).

Though a command in which you can make chat disappear, and this could be force-toggled off by any Trusted+ if they need to talk to someone would probably do the trick, I simply don't see why people need to stop talking even if it's spammy. Plus, spam is really a common sense rule and could simply go along with that - what idiot would spam the chat and not expect a mute and/or further action?

• Agree
Reactions: zezmi

Eeveon

Reaction score
This falls, and always has fallen, under the common sense rule. Let's elaborate a bit..

The reason this should not be given a separate rule is simply because it's common sense. You don't go into a server asking "Is it okay to spam?" because the answer will obviously be no. We expect people to know right from wrong. (not that this always happens)
Now for something that should be given it's on rule would be something like this, maybe: "Are we allowed to use [very well-known client] on this server?" Assuming the client doesn't exactly fall under the hacking rule and just all-around dodges some other rules, we would have to make it a rule. Mostly because it would be something someone would generally not know the answer to as it, like I said, wouldn't really fall under any rule.

But yea, sorry if this is somewhat confusing because I probably contradicted myself somewhere along the way. It makes more sense in my head, I suppose.

EDIT: superstein ninja'd me by the way :c

• Agree
Reactions: zezmi