[Suggestion] Scoreboard enhancement

Celebrir

Reaction score
Name of your suggestion/idea: Better Scoreboard
What is the purpose of your suggestion/idea: To improve the gain of information

Why should it be implemented into the server: ^

So the scoreboard should tell us in CTF the time and maybe the name of the flag carrier. (Another suggestion: A colored hat or anything which says "Hey! I got the flag! Come and kill me!")

FFA: Time + Your name highlighted (maybe in §a (lime) or §e(yellow))

And for all gamemodes I'd like 2 lines. One is your kills/deaths/kd-ratio and the second line is Your current kill streak. (maybe those lines can be combined using different colors).
^YES! Individual scoreboards work. Do it like mcpvp.

Celebrir

Reaction score
This is the scoreboard at kitpvp.us (mcpvp). It's individual for every person.

This is the scoreboard at mcsmash.com (also mcpvp) during the lobby-phase. It shows a kit selection. Also individual for every person. For example it says -1 at all because I am "Pro" ranked. It would look different for others

This is the scoreboard at mcsmash.com (^) during the actual game. Shows kills/deaths, a highlighted name and the time + the round in whihc we currently are. (Round 1, Round 2, Finale)

This for example is the lobby-phase scoreboard on my alt. As you can see he is no "Pro" and therefore has only 5 uses of each class and infinit Blink.

Razinao c:

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
Demonstrate two sets of sidebar scoreboards. That's the problem, we can't do that, and that's what you're asking us AFAIK

And for all gamemodes I'd like 2 lines. One is your kills/deaths/kd-ratio and the second line is Your current kill streak. (maybe those lines can be combined using different colors).

Do you mean have them under the actual score list? Because of how it is organized (descending) those stats might be all over the place.

Celebrir

Reaction score
For example a FFA:
Code:
&aK: 5 &cD: 10 &eK/D: 0.5
&bTime left: 4:53
&7Razinao &f10
&7KingSam &f6
&7Ooglie &f3
&5celebrir &e1
&7VeryHighUp &f-4
&7asaechao &f-9
Line1 and 2 change depending on your stats and time, rest of the lines acts like the current leaderboard. That was my thought.

destroyerx1

Reaction score
For example a FFA:
Code:
&aK: 5 &cD: 10 &eK/D: 0.5
&bTime left: 4:53
&7Razinao &f10
&7KingSam &f6
&7Ooglie &f3
&5celebrir &e1
&7VeryHighUp &f-4
&7asaechao &f-9
Line1 and 2 change depending on your stats and time, rest of the lines acts like the current leaderboard. That was my thought.
You cannot set it up like that. Each line can contain only a single string followed by a single number.

Celebrir

Reaction score
You cannot set it up like that. Each line can contain only a single string followed by a single number.
But it should be able to put two strings in a line (picture above) like "&aK:5 &cD:3)"

And l if that doesn't work, try modifying my idea to something that works. I'm no coder. I can only say things which I've seen on other servers before.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
I don't even understand how theirs works to begin with, having the time in the title of the scoreboard. Esp. considering that you have to delete and then create it to do that. They're probably manipulating packets.

Celebrir

Reaction score
I don't know how they did it but they did it. I thought it would be cool having the scoreboard replacing the old HUD.

I could ask the dev how he did it but I don't really want to share it.

destroyerx1

Reaction score
Putting the timer in the scoreboard title would be possible. However, adding a line with your own K/D would have a couple of difficulties:

1) Every line (except the title) must have a number associated with it and is displayed to the right. There is nothing we can do about this.
2) As far as I can tell, the scoreboard is sorted client-side by the number next to it, so if we were to add additional lines such as "You: K: x D: y" (which could theoretically be possible, using "You K: x D:" as the name and y as the number) there's no guarantee where it'll show up.

Celebrir

Reaction score
You could do two scoreboards. One shoes the normal kd of everyone and one the information I suggested. Every 5 secs or more the scoreboard changes. So 5 secs stats, 5 secs kd.
Time would be shown on both.

Or let's hope for the mod API.