[Suggestion] ROF new game type

8bitChap

Reaction score
I'll he honest I don't play much rof but I did come up with a new game type whilst in one of my rare play sessions on it. Just like AoD has juggernaut could rof have some sort of fast-paced game type?

Here's my idea; a parkour-esque type map where you must parkour to the top of the map without the lava reaching you. If you fall you could keep your items but not be allowed through the portal again until the short, maybe 5 minute round is over. First to the top would earn the highest amount of cookies, ranging from first to last the amount of cookies would decrease. That's all. If you need a starter map for it I could gladly make one.

Reactions: 1 person
W

Wimali

This sounds exactly like Deathrun to me. Here's what Ogarci said regarding the subject last time, back in May:
Thanks for the suggestion.

To put it short a concisely: No.

A lot of what above is right. Particularly what Forseti said. We've considered it before. It's just there's not only so many issues, but premium stuff requires a GIGANTIC amount of effort and coding compared to the classic things. Not only this, but it's a direction that we're not sure we want to get into.

A bit of a teaser for some: dirt and I are planning big things in the near future and distant future. We want to focus on improving the CURRENT gameplay before we add another style of gameplay at all. This means more features, more things to do, but without straying away from the "Rituals of Fire" idea. More RPG style and less arcade/a ton of minigames. We want to add lore about the Lava God. We began making an entirely new language before we realized how hard it is. Stories and reasons behind everything you see. Why does mossy cobblestone connect every room in the lobby? Why are there moods? Besides that, gameplay elements like new crafting recipes and adding things to do with all of that "stuff." I can't say entirely or specifically what we have planned, because to be honest it isn't set in stone yet. The only thing I can say is that we've moved past Death Run when we opened the server on premium. It has so much more to offer than something that was done in classic.

Source

(Also, there's a suggestion subforum ;3)