[Suggestion] Possible Alternate Ranks

radman573

Reaction score
I thought that it would be interesting to try out something new that might have been suggested already but I don't see anything on it so.... yeah. How about alternate currency for surviving and getting kills as a survivor as opposed to getting kills as a hunter. You could sort of see it as two branching paths, and you could earn ranks according to what best fits your playing style. If some people aren't that great at getting kills, then they could survive and still get a chance to rank up.

In short, maybe something like gold (for kills while being a survivor as well as surviving) and brains (for kills while hunting). These two currencies would be spent on seperate shops. Gold will allow to get ranks geared towards surviving and brains will get you the killing ranks. I think it would make the surviving aspect of the game more intense knowing that you will be rewarded much more by surviving :D

These kills would naturally be harder to get, I would assume, so some balancing would need to be figured out but I truly believe it could work for the better if certain plug-ins allow it.

Feel free to discuss :D

Jeff0521

OPtimistic
Reaction score
I like the idea as well. I would love to see it implemented into the server.

I like the thought of a bad/good path. It adds much more to the game.

Thanks for the suggestion! c:

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I had an idea floating around in the space between my ears for a bit. Perhaps a mapmaker could choose a 'toke' item, and the player would relieve a certain amount of bonus brains per token for surviving a round. Also, since being the last Survivors can be hard too, for example, running, perhaps a small bonus for every Hunter who dies under the watch of the sole Survivor? For example, if Scrub is running on Cubism, and his epic backflips trick 3 Hunters into falling into the Void, maybe he could receive 5 brains or so for evading those Hunters. Or perhaps the Survivors left at round end could receive bonus brains when there is a certain amount of players on the server, rather than just getting 75 whether there's 1 player against them or 20.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I had an idea floating around in the space between my ears for a bit. Perhaps a mapmaker could choose a 'toke' item, and the player would relieve a certain amount of bonus brains per token for surviving a round. Also, since being the last Survivors can be hard too, for example, running, perhaps a small bonus for every Hunter who dies under the watch of the sole Survivor? For example, if Scrub is running on Cubism, and his epic backflips trick 3 Hunters into falling into the Void, maybe he could receive 5 brains or so for evading those Hunters. Or perhaps the Survivors left at round end could receive bonus brains when there is a certain amount of players on the server, rather than just getting 75 whether there's 1 player against them or 20.
So people can pay for a token so if they survive they get more money, but if not they wasted their money on the token? I quite like this idea, it is a bit like my betting idea ;)
I don't really understand the second idea, sorry D;

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I'm just confused on this one part. Would this suggestion mean that you could have both a "good" and "evil" rank at the same time? Or maybe the good rank shows when you are a survivor and the bad rank shows when you are hunter? Or you could only choose one and go down that path?

I like this idea a lot, except the only thing is that this might be impossible to code into the server. But what do I know about coding?

radman573

Reaction score
I'm just confused on this one part. Would this suggestion mean that you could have both a "good" and "evil" rank at the same time? Or maybe the good rank shows when you are a survivor and the bad rank shows when you are hunter? Or you could only choose one and go down that path?

I like this idea a lot, except the only thing is that this might be impossible to code into the server. But what do I know about coding?

You would be able to get ranks for both hunting and surviving if you get the necessary currency used to buy the rank regardless if you are aimed to the "good" or "evil" side.

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I actually had an amazing idea hit me.

What you could do is choose your path (light or dark) and from then on the currency that you get will be aimed toward the corresponding set of ranks. Either you could also get this currency playing on the other side, or you would use the other side's money for some sort of "perk" system. And, remembering the war suggestion, the two sides of ranks could battle each other for the war.

• Creative
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I actually had an amazing idea hit me.

What you could do is choose your path (light or dark) and from then on the currency that you get will be aimed toward the corresponding set of ranks. Either you could also get this currency playing on the other side, or you would use the other side's money for some sort of "perk" system. And, remembering the war suggestion, the two sides of ranks could battle each other for the war.
Very creative idea :D It does sound fun, but I fear it might complicate things a bit too much. D:

• Agree
Reactions: Thymos
W

Wimali

I really like this idea. It would be very unique, which I think AoD really needs to stand out more than other PvP servers.