[Suggestion] Players can become walking sponges

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wimali

Make Players walking sponges

As always, I’d like to remind you this is a suggestion. That means I would mostly just like to hear your opinion on it, see if people would want it to get implemented, if the directors want it, if it would even be realistic- The fact that I’m suggesting an idea doesn’t mean I particularly like it.

What do you mean?

I realize the title sounds a little absurd. Make players “walking sponges”? What the fuck, Bram? What do you mean by that? Well, It’s simple. An item would be buyable in one of the shops (I suggest Expert or Master) for 200 cookies. (Maybe a nether star renamed something fitting? No italic name pls. Italics are a big no-no ok) This would work similarly like the emerald: If right-clicked, the player will be… well, a walking sponge, for one whole minute. This whole walking sponge thing would work just like the golden axe that operators can use, but without having to click all the time. I just feel like it would be a fun and cool thing to have. Maybe not as useful as emeralds, but most certainly as fun.

W

Wimali

Would said sponge-person be a "safe zone" for others? If so I could how someone could mess it up for others...

Well, if it would work similarly like sponges golden axes, then other people wouldn't really be able to stand near the guy... But I defenitely don't feel like it should create a safe zone. The thing costs 200 cookies- that's a lot of money, and I just don't feel like it should be right to make people unable to get cookies for that (after all, you can still get cookies while using an emerald, no?).

Reactions: Undefined User 7

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Compare 200 cookies to 8 sponges, and then compare that to how far a person can walk in a whole minute. I say this is way overpowered, in that it should be 20-30 seconds or something like that.

Also, I've tried walking with an op when they were deflooding using the golden-axe tool... It's really hard. Really. Every single time I ended up in the lava. Keeping within 2 blocks of someone else is pretty hard to do unless they're trying to let you catch up.

A problem I see is if it were Angry lava, and they used this tool and jumped in the lava and ended up dying due to fall damage, without being able to do anything about it because of the updated blocks causing lag. This tool could also be used to spleef people with fire resist potions who are building in lava, by removing the lava out from under them.

Staying within 2 blocks of someone moving erratically is hard.. Maybe a (mini-)game could be created where you're trying to stay within the golden-axe-range of an operator-bot surrounded by a ton of lava, and the last one to die wins?

W

Wimali

I don't think, that its even possible to code... Or it would laggy enough to die every time from temperature, when you try to jump into lava.
Nope, it's most defenitely possible to code and isn't laggy at all :p
It already exists- just for operators. They have a golden axe, and everytime they right-click with it, they 'become' a sponge for like half a second :d

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I don't think, that its even possible to code... Or it would laggy enough to die every time from temperature, when you try to jump into lava.
Nope, it's most definitively possible to code and isn't laggy at all :p
It already exists- just for operators. They have a golden axe, and everytime they right-click with it, they 'become' a sponge for like half a second :d
Bram the golden axe is equipped with /b drain 3 I believe. So we don't really become a sponge so to say we just deflood the area.

Anyway, I am strongly against this. I don't like the idea of a person running around as a sponge and overall it just doesn't sound like a friendly input. Thank you though!

755someone755

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
What if the player doesn't TURN into a sponge (visually)?
But the effect stays the same -- you buy an item, equip it, then right-click it and you're INVINCIBOL!
Maybe the player using the item could have his skin changed (like zombies did in classic ZS) or a small, not server and client demanding visual detail...?
Could that solve ping? :3

Reactions: spiderkrab

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
But the effect stays the same -- you buy an item, equip it, then right-click it and you're INVINCIBOL!
Maybe the player using the item could have his skin changed (like zombies did in classic ZS) or a small, not server and client demanding visual detail...?

The ping problem is updating the blocks in a sponge-radius around the player as fast as they can move, not placing a sponge block by their feet.

gay vampire

Little Miss Organs
Reaction score
I'm honestly gonna be late and say no. I honestly think sponges are fine, and as already explained, that becoming a living sponge can accidentally kill other people. I also think that sponges basically fulfill the job of becoming a living sponge, and they're a safer and more convenient and certainly affordable way for players to unflood if they want to. The living sponge effect might also be a little overpowered for players, as you can unflood a lot with it in only 10 seconds. So I honestly think this should stay as an operator+ thing. As said before, sponges would be a better choice for those with low ping, though I honestly don't even know my ping (probably a little low) and it didn't affect me.

Just a note, the idea doesn't involve a player turning into what looked like a sponge. The idea involved an item that when used, could make the area around you/it unflood. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.