[Suggestion] Player to Player Teleports

Would you like it if player to player teleports were made available to buy?

• Total voters

storm886

Reaction score
Remember in Classic Lava Survival there was a command for a store and one of the items was a player to player teleport? I really enjoyed those teleports especially when I joined in the middle of a round. In addition, it was fun to see everyone's home if you had cookies to waste. Again just a suggestion. I don't know anything about plugins though so I don't know if it would work or how you would do it. Obviously it would be a bit different from the classic version though.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
It seems like this is close to the /call command on buildbox. I am neither against nor am I for this but just don't feel it has a need. Then again we don't always need those commands that are good for us. I think it could be a fun idea but it could also be a hassle if players don't want to be spammed with that command.

Anyway the idea I had (I think it is with yours) is this.

Say this is available in the Apprentice room. It will be one of those plaques but this time it will have no item on top of it but rather a sign saying/explaining what the command is.

Something like this explains it more.

Call-This command enables you to teleport another player but only with their permission! You can simply use /call playername and then then if they accept it you will be teleported to that player with a warning message of. You are about to teleport to a player, do not move. For accepting this command you will just use the command /call accept playername. Then that player will be teleported to you with the message of "A player is about to move to you".

The price, as it will be available to Crafters+ I was thinking could be something along the lines of 20-25 cookies.

W

Wimali

I feel like this should get more expensive with every rank. Because otherwise a grandmaster who is stuck at spawn could just call a player for 25 cookies, and get 250-300 cookies. Should be something like this in my opinion:

25 cookies (apprentice)
30 cookies (journeyman)
35 cookies (expert)
45 cookies (master)
60 cookies (grandmaster)

Pikmon2

Reaction score
I've never had a "survival" feel when playing (I'm not trying to make fun of you WiiGoGetter, just never got into it) so this sounds quite nice to have if a friend joins a bit later into building and wants to get to his friend easier, or if you wanna join a group far away, or to dangerous to get to.

Faliara

Reaction score
I say yes but there should be a balance, perhaps for example; if possible, make the thing cost more cookies as you get to be a higher rank.
I feel like this should get more expensive with every rank. Because otherwise a grandmaster who is stuck at spawn could just call a player for 25 cookies, and get 250-300 cookies. Should be something like this in my opinion:

25 cookies (apprentice)
30 cookies (journeyman)
35 cookies (expert)
45 cookies (master)
60 cookies (grandmaster)
I do remember this during the Classic days. Always like the /invite command too, but I always found it annoying how I often had to donate ten cookies to the person inviting me, as that's the cost of invites those days.

I honestly don't see the point to increasing the price of invites when you rank up (I have to donate more cookies to get invited each time?!) but it would still be nice to have this, as it was a nice thing implemented on for people who joined and then are stuck at spawn because it flooded and yet the majority of the map's still okay.

D

DarkHender

I think the cookie amount should increase because sponges are around 30, correct? (if not they are more expensive now)

Player teleports should increase withe the rank because master+ have soo many cookies to spare there would be no surviving. Only "Oh you built a home?" *everyone teleports to that person*

100+ cookies- we don't want this to be something easy, do we?

• Agree
Reactions: SirComputer

gay vampire

Little Miss Organs
Reaction score
I honestly think this would be a good idea, but as some of them said, am confused as to why it's so needy. I personally think it'd be a tad bit cooler if there was both a /call (asks to teleport to someone) and a /join (asks for someone to teleport to you), as I used to see people donating other people cookies so they could join them when they wanted to play together but the spawn was flooded (on Classic Lava that is, as they only had a /join). I also slightly question the need of this command, but I personally think it'd make it a little more fun for people if they could join their friends while in the round instead of building separately.

As for prices and such, I think it'd be best if it had a slightly high price, and like bram said, a higher price the higher the rank. It shouldn't be something you can buy 3+ of with 120 or something when you're an expert, but it also shouldn't be something that clogs up the money you earn. I'm going with french's suggestion and suggestion the use of one call and one join each round or a 5 minute cooldown between when you use the tps, as it might make it a little unfair if you could teleport an entire group of people to a place one round. This is if they were bought

They could also be free, but it would be Apprentice+ and only one call or (not and) one join per round. If we put prices for them, we could go with this:

Player-Crafter: 35 cookies.
Apprentice-Journeyman: 40-45 cookies.
Expert-Master: 57-65 cookies.
Grandmaster: 70-80 cookies.

Venixu

Reaction score
I'd say a full no.

Lava is slow. Players can group together before lava is released. If they got flooded, then staff can teleport them back (assuming one is alive).

Ain't no reason to waste cookies. Besides, why do you want to go to a spot so badly? There is hardly physical interaction. I mean: there's the large homes with nearly everyone in it, but there's no motivation (for me) to join.

I understand there is cookie farming and being with friends. You can tunnel, drink fire res, or sit tight. See, if the large friend house is under lava, just wait it out since lava is slow and the round might be more than half done.

But, I can't speak for those who really want to be with their friends ASAP. Short attention span ain't me.

dirtcake

(Former) Rituals of Fire Developer
Reaction score
I'm against this. Currently, to get to another player's house, you either have to join them before the lava floods or risk digging a tunnel to them. The ability to simply teleport to a player makes joining them too easy.