[Suggestion] Panic Rounds

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Okay so first off, this is probably the first time I've ever actually had an idea for RoF, so don't shoot me if you don't like it or I have royally screwed up somewhere k? x) Secondly this may or may not have been thought of before, I did take a look to see if it had once been suggested, didn't see a thread so here I go.

K so, I noticed a lot of people have issues with rounds either being to short or being too long, I find they are very long myself, which is probably why I don't play RoF as much as I do other servers. So what does my idea have to do with anything of what I am currently waffling on about?
The general idea is a panic round, a round that is much shorter than a normal RoF round and the lava obviously rises much faster.
In general a RoF map is 35 mins? In panic round it would be cut down to 20 mins (give or take) 5 mins to prepare 15 mins to hopefully get a home together. It would be one of those rare rounds such as an angry or annoyed round, however I would probably preference that such a round only be allowed to take place if the mood was calm. I have no doubt the amount of ragequits that would occur on an Angry panic round. (Now that I think of it, was this a thing on Classic Lava?) Also like annoyed or angry rounds it would give no extra rewards or such, its just another level of difficulty to add a bit of variation that I do think is needed. It might also solve the issue some people have with long rounds as the occasional panic round will see to it they are kept busy.

Feel free to discuss and improve on the idea, its purely a suggestion on my part, if its not possible in coding then don't sweat over it.
Oak out o/

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Everyone will be summoned to spawn 10 sec before lava start.
I would actually love to see something like this.
That would be a lot of fun actually but I can see it being problematic. Especially on maps such as Cliffs_of_Moher in which you must cross water. Anyway this suggestion seems very nice and I would like to see it at least put in for a test run!

W

Wimali

That would be a lot of fun actually but I can see it being problematic. Especially on maps such as Cliffs_of_Moher in which you must cross water. Anyway this suggestion seems very nice and I would like to see it at least put in for a test run!
How about maps which are made especially for this gamemode? I could try making one, but not now... working on a few other rof maps xD

crafter

Reaction score
I do like the idea. It'll add variation to the normal 35 minutes.
When I first say the name I thought that it'd be timers would go of randomly. Not completely randomly, but have a 2 or so minute area. Like when it'd normally say "Lava has started flowing" it wouldn't have to be exactly then, but anywhere between then and 2 minutes later. Any of this is debatable, just a relevant idea I thought I'd share.

crafter

Reaction score
Maybe not to spawn, but some random safe location within the map. Or somewhere else in your shelter. Your shelter would be defined by where walls are, like how the air blocks you have are.

Forseti

The Presiding One
Donor
Reaction score
Interesting idea. There's been a few times that I dumped a lava bucket without forewarning just to spice things up. I get the feeling dirtcake has more important things to code before this, but I would love to see it eventually! : D

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
How about, along with the round time changing, reinstating the old Classic type of angry lava rounds?

It'd be wonderful to see those again.
The blocks that won't melt/burn/be otherwise obliterated could be randomly chosen out of block types found on the map.

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
I like this idea. Thing is, I'm not a simple guy, so I would want to go all out with this. I would love to see special maps made for this gamemode, as well as extra reward for surviving it. I actually would want to keep the random mood option open an when you survive on Annoyed or Angry you win more cookies or items, etc...

May sound kina hard, but it would be more of a challenge, and it would definitely make people move to quickly collect supplies or hold on to extra. Either way, I would like to see this implemented, but dirtcake is so busy I imagine it'll be awhile before he could get around to coding in another gamemode/type of round.