[Suggestion] [Not for now] MapMaker ribbon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Basically, a ribbon for people who have made 5/7/10+ (number can be done as seen fit) approved maps for Lava, Zombies, AoD, RoF, CTNT, PTNT and any other servers for the future/past which involved people making maps for rounds. It would have the same effect as the Donator ribbon: Just something to show appreciation for those who have taken the time to make those awesome maps for the servers.

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
I like this...and I don't.

On the one hand, I would definitely love to see a little "thank you!" thrown out to community mapmakers who devote their time and energy to improving our servers.

On the other hand, it's yet another thing to keep track of (which is a large part of why we don't have a Trusted rank on the forum, if you're not aware).

Possibly some other things. I'm pretty tired, I'll see what I think about it later.

• Agree
Reactions: UltimateBudgie

ReyvnNova

"Come buy our orchard fruits, Come buy, come buy~"
Reaction score
I can assume this would affect me, having made 10+ maps for ZS.

I made them purely for personal entertainment, and for the enjoyment of the community. That being said, I don't feel the need to have ribbons of recognition - especially if it just makes life harder on those who would have to reward them. Ex-staff don't have ribbons for the wonderful work they've done, because glory isn't the goal for helping and improving the servers.

Just my two cents. It's not exactly a forum-breaking suggestion, so it's not something I mind much about.

Reaction score
Even though I haven't really made any maps (So it's a bit biased for me to have an opinion), I still think that the best reward is when people actually play and have fun on your maps, rather than something shiny on the forums to boast about (Not assuming that people will use it to boast, but... you get my point =P )

• Agree
Reactions: chris360kss

Guinessis

Reaction score
I have to agree with Reyvn. I doubt that we have a database of who made what, so aside from the obvious ones it would require a bit of work and research by the admins to hand them all out. I never made maps for recognition, I just made maps because I knew what I wanted to play and test.

On the other hand, if implementing a map making ribbon encouraged more people to make maps then it may be worth considering. People do seem to like collecting achievements and awards, and as the older map making generation gradually retires there will be a need for fresh blood.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
We *could* include this.

BUT

The work to keep such a list maintained outweighs the pro. Ideally mapmakers are always mentioned on a server when their map loads.

So, sorry, even if I like the idea of it being an incentive, for now this will not be added.

• Thank You
Reactions: Da Jinks
Status
Not open for further replies.