[Suggestion] Nerf mobs, please

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
As much as I like LoP so far, it seems unplayable to some extent and it's far too easy to die quickly because of the mobs. The regular Minecraft mobs work just fine at killing players, but it seems extreme to have them enhanced so a Creeper always kills you immediately and Baby Zombies do four hearts of damage per hit.

It's also a pain to kill friendly mobs when it takes 40 hits to do so with a stone sword. Nobody plays Cookie Clicker anymore, and nobody wants to play it. If there does need to be some extra challenge, it would make more sense for a smaller number of mobs to be enhanced.

• Agree
Reactions: Jayfeather

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I have to agree that it's very rough starting out (people not used to fighting a lot in minecraft probably won't ever get a class), but there are a few things I'd like to point out.
*fists > swords?! at least, that seems to be the case for citizens, since swords and fists do pretty much equal damage, but fists have virtually no cool-down. Don't know about later classes, seeing as I'm still a citizen.
*basing damage off of your standard minecraft hearts doesn't bring accurate measures of damage, since we have a different HP system going (displayed on the scoreboard, right part of the screen). this means a skeleton could hit you for 3.5 hearts, but that same skeleton only hits be for 2 because I have higher constitution/endurance.

that said, I'm all for nerfing mobs in general, especially creepers.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
I have to agree with notty. The game is hard right now, because we're citizen peasants. Once you get a few levels, get some stat boosts, and get a real class, things will be much easier. It's a little painful now, but I think as long as it smooths out over progression we're fine. And vanilla combat is far too easy.

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
I would recommend zones. Family lands would have the easiest mobs which would award low exp. the land between families would be stronger and award more exp and the center would be have the strongest mobs. This could direct the flow of end game.
I really like this idea. This would be a good compromise and would fix the game ruining mobs.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Honestly mobs are just a fun challenge right now. Once you're not a citizen anymore they're getting alot easier. You just have to train your class ^-^
So, she ended up being right (although if you're a citizen they're still too overpowered). I'd recommend using a bow if you've not picked a class yet

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, having made it past citizen, mobs are much easier. The secret to citizen is a bow and a chicken farm for arrows. They should probably make swords do 3-4 damage for citizens, to be fair. Then again, we've also had a change in strength balance yesterday, so that may be worth it now?

• Agree
Reactions: Jayfeather