[Suggestion] Money for Top 3 humans.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
I've been starting to get active on AoD lately, and I've noticed that in most rounds, nobody wins money due to the fact that it's hard to survive most maps (for example; poolhall). I have an idea that could keep each round less monotonous and more fun; money for the top three survivors when nobody in a round survives. The last three humans to get killed would receive money for placing in the top three players of the round. Keep in mind, I sorted this as last man standing and not by zombies killed.

For example:

Zombies won that round! The top three survivors were:

3. (Playername) - 20 brains
2. (Playername) - 25 brains
1. (Playername) - 30 brains

[[EXAMPLE PAYMENTS: it doesn't necessarily have to be this much - it could be more or less.]]

Obviously you wouldn't reward them with as much money as they would receive for surviving a round, as it wouldn't be as hard to get in the top 3. Also, this would be turned off for rounds in which at least one human survives.

Let me know what you guys think.

Theodorre

The Fail Chipmunk
Reaction score
I actually think this is a good idea. I too have been finding that often, the last top 3/2/1 player(s) survive for quite a while, but then die a minute or two before round ends. I think if that was added, it'd help give people some more..."want" for use of a better word, to survive. (I can't think of the proper word at the moment, watch this space. :p)

• Agree
Reactions: Chillingworth

ealev

Leafy Op
Reaction score
Not sure what to think of this. It's definitely a idea worth considering, but if there were only 4, or less, people on, that could lead to possible brain-farming (brian-farming).
If this was added, I would suggest about 50, as the payment for surviving is 75, and it would only be 1 person. Again, if 4 or less people were on, almost all of them would get those extra brains.

Excepted

Reaction score
I think this is a great idea! Many times I've been in the situation where I got as many kills/deaths as the best hero but obviously didn't get the reward. I think that this could solve this problem thanks for your suggestion.

Theodorre

The Fail Chipmunk
Reaction score
Not sure what to think of this. It's definitely a idea worth considering, but if there were only 4, or less, people on, that could lead to possible brain-farming (brian-farming).
If this was added, I would suggest about 50, as the payment for surviving is 75, and it would only be 1 person. Again, if 4 or less people were on, almost all of them would get those extra brains.
Maybe the server could have some kind of coding implemented so it could work out the ratio of winners to players, and then give out points to a certain number of the top players?

I.e.
10+ players online = 3 top players get points.
5+ players online = 1 top player gets points.

Etc.

• Creative
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Guinessis

Reaction score
The classic zombie server used to have a system that awarded points every few minutes that you survived. So, for example:

Survive 1 minute: +1 Brian
Survive 3 minutes: +5 Brians
Survive 5 minutes: + 10 Brians
Survive 7 minutes: + 20 Brians
Survive 9 minutes: + 30 Brians
Survive 10 minutes: +40 Brians

Numbers subject to change of course.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
The classic zombie server used to have a system that awarded points every few minutes that you survived. So, for example:

This could also work as an alternative to my idea.

ealev

Leafy Op
Reaction score

75 BRIANS IS ENOUGH, NO MORE FUCKING COUSINS

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score

75 BRIANS IS ENOUGH, NO MORE FUCKING COUSINS
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH BRIANS

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Just like what ealev said, I think this idea could be used as brain farming if only a couple of people are online. I would, however, love guin's idea. Theo's could also work - thanks for your input guys! It's just about if it's possible ;)
Thank you for posting a suggestion! :)

• Agree
Reactions: Oak Milk