[Suggestion] Lightning needs to stop.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
The lightning is too much.

The sound is FAR too loud, to the point where I actually turn my sound off when it starts now. I remember being able to avoid the sound by just going underground. I'm sure it's a minecraft bug, and not something on our end, but lightning plays at full volume anywhere I am now.

The rate in which it strikes is also too much. Just now, I had stop what I was doing and go underground so my screen would stop flashing at seizure rate. Whatever the reason for lightning happening so much more often, it needs to be stopped.

Occasional thunder during a storm isn't an issue. Hearing it 3 times a second is. Seeing it 3 times a second is worse. There are at least a handful of people on at most times who openly curse thunder whenever it starts. I don't know if there's a simple solution for this, though I hope there is. Whatever we can do to lower the amount of lightning will be a good thing, I think.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I think lightning may be weaved into the plot somewhere down the road (I actually have no idea) but I do agree it's altering gameplay enough so that it should be tweaked. I never play with volume, but it seems like something crazy to have constant lightning. It would be nice to fix this, people are starting to absolutely hate it.

• Agree
Reactions: LizzzyxD

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I think its the wizards doing :nerd::eek: I don't mind it its kinda funny, simply take shelter during the storm or do some work underground. Only point I agree on is it is too loud, I really shouldnt be hearing thunder at bedrock.

D

DarkHender

I hate it, I have to turn off my sound every time. And my screen flashes so much sometimes it scares me :X

Forest_Knight

Reaction score
It's really annoying to me because, I'm used to playing the game with the volume up so, I can hear the mobs, but when It storms I HAVE to turn it down which causes me to get sneak attacked by spiders usually when I'm in a cave. This has done happened to me three times so far.