[Suggestion] Lava boats plugin

Lava boats. Yay or Nay?

• Total voters
W

Wimali

I really like the idea of having lava boats, to be honest. I just have one problem with the plugin, and one with the idea in general.

First of all, this plugin also allows people to walk on lava. That just sounds a little game-ruining to me. But that's probably configurable. Something that might be a real problem though is the fact that boats are really cheap.

I love the idea, but unless there would be a way to only make specific, more expensive boats being able to go on lava and survive it, I personally would'nt want it to get aded.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
I personally am not in support of this plugin. I feel like it'd be just a tad unrealistic. And yes, I acknowledge it's a bit silly to aim for realism in a game like Minecraft. Nonetheless, I think it'd also confuse new players to see boats on lava, and it might make them think they can swim in lava, which could lead to some deaths and general drama. I'm not completely opposed to the idea, I just don't think it'd be a good addition.

• Agree
Reactions: FrenchSanta12

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Is it possible to make it so that you use a minecart instead? Considering Iron is actually decently hard to find it could be a good substitute for this plugin so its considered more.

• Agree
Reactions: crafter

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Minecarts are buyable in the Journeyman's Focus, and I don't want to see minecarts being used this way because then their value for use in, say, regular non-lava-usage minecarts would increase substantially.

Though, there could possibly be a Diamond Minecart, (craftable with 5 iron and a diamond via custom crafting, or maybe even buyable via cookies). It would actually be a spawn egg (renamed) that spawns a boat riding a diamond block piston entity template riding a minecart, with multiple invisible entities with moderate health in between.The diamond block will make it look diamond-y. I suspect using more invisible entities would be able to make the player invulnerable to lava while in this contraption, at least for a bit of time when the invisible entities riding each other started dying (acting as somewhat of a timer). With this, it would be possible to add this feature via just a button with command blocks (taking away cookies and giving them the custom spawn egg via a dispenser that gets refilled, or maybe even purely command blocks that don't require refilling that spawn (/spawnmob?) a chest minecart with one special spawn egg inside it in a specific location and then use hopper minecarts and hoppers to bring it to the player).

Using this idea, it would be possible to implement this purely in-game without any modification to any plugins.

superhalo6

Reaction score
I personally am not in support of this plugin. I feel like it'd be just a tad unrealistic. And yes, I acknowledge it's a bit silly to aim for realism in a game like Minecraft. Nonetheless, I think it'd also confuse new players to see boats on lava, and it might make them think they can swim in lava, which could lead to some deaths and general drama. I'm not completely opposed to the idea, I just don't think it'd be a good addition.
In the plugin page these things can be enabled/disabled as stated in the permissions section.

lboat.* allow to use all the features of this plugin
lboat.minecarts allow to use minecarts
lboat.boats allow to use boats
lboat.walk allow to walk on lava
lboat.pig allow to use pigs
lboat.world allow to disable or enable this plugin in your world

Is it possible to make it so that you use a minecart instead? Considering Iron is actually decently hard to find it could be a good substitute for this plugin so its considered more.

You can make it that it's stated in permissions

lboat.* allow to use all the features of this plugin
lboat.minecarts allow to use minecarts
lboat.boats allow to use boats
lboat.walk allow to walk on lava
lboat.pig allow to use pigs
lboat.world allow to disable or enable this plugin in your world

Minecarts are buyable in the Journeyman's Focus, and I don't want to see minecarts being used this way because then their value for use in, say, regular non-lava-usage minecarts would increase substantially.

Though, there could possibly be a Diamond Minecart, (craftable with 5 iron and a diamond via custom crafting, or maybe even buyable via cookies). It would actually be a spawn egg (renamed) that spawns a boat riding a diamond block piston entity template riding a minecart, with multiple invisible entities with moderate health in between.The diamond block will make it look diamond-y. I suspect using more invisible entities would be able to make the player invulnerable to lava while in this contraption, at least for a bit of time when the invisible entities riding each other started dying (acting as somewhat of a timer). With this, it would be possible to add this feature via just a button with command blocks (taking away cookies and giving them the custom spawn egg via a dispenser that gets refilled, or maybe even purely command blocks that don't require refilling that spawn (/spawnmob?) a chest minecart with one special spawn egg inside it in a specific location and then use hopper minecarts and hoppers to bring it to the player).

Using this idea, it would be possible to implement this purely in-game without any modification to any plugins.

But we would need a way to tell the player what time is left before they become crispy bacon

Sure it could be fun, b it's basically giving you a free house which is really cheap, and I just don't think it would suit that game, as you're supposed to be making a shelter, not a boat..

Eventually they will have to get higher and higher than the lava till they reach block limit which gives no cookies and they can't stop the lava from completely surrounding them which will block out the air