[Suggestion]Get rid of scavenger kits.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
I'm just kinda of sick of getting Scavenger 4/5 times as a hunter and it being hard/impossible to kill humans with all the good stuff. I can see humans having it not being a problem, but when a hunter has it they CAN'T really scavenge much, as well as having to verse people with armor/decent stuff with nothing but a wood sword.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
It stops people from constantly killing themselves just to get a kit that they want.

Perhaps lower the kit recharge time?
I can understand that, but when I'm legitimately killed in battle and spawn in 3-5 times in a row with it, its extremely difficult. Maybe make it you get scavenger if you use /kill or lower its recharge like you said.

ealev

Leafy Op
Reaction score
I can understand that, but when I'm legitimately killed in battle and spawn in 3-5 times in a row with it, its extremely difficult. Maybe make it you get scavenger if you use /kill or lower its recharge like you said.
If you're being killed in the spawn, contact a Trusted+ to get on, and preferably get proof.
I don't really have an opinion on removing the kit though, while I don't like it for obvious reasons, it adds some challenge to the server.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: Xfolo and S_swimmer

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Okay, well it isn't a set time that scavenger is set to occur. The map maker chooses this, and they also choose what kit they want the scavenger to have. This usually means that the map maker wanted it that way, so maybe they wanted it to be harder and to make people try their best not to get killed. However, if most people agree with you and want all scavenger kits to change/kit reset time to change in the maps, I don't see any reason why it can't be done. Thanks for the suggestion!

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
If you're being killed in the spawn, contact a Trusted+ to get on, and preferably get proof.
I don't really have an opinion on removing the kit though, while I don't like it for obvious reasons, it adds some challenge to the server.
Nonono... Not getting killed in spawn, but just getting killed from simply losing the fight (I'm not the best PvP'er in MineCraft + wood sword and no armor vs. leather armor and stone sword?) and when I respawn with the kit 3-5 times in a row it makes it nearly impossible.

[And yes, I do use /h and ask for help quite often but it doesn't mean I'm always gonna live through a fight/get help]

ealev

Leafy Op
Reaction score
Nonono... Not getting killed in spawn, but just getting killed from simply losing the fight (I'm not the best PvP'er in MineCraft + wood sword and no armor vs. leather armor and stone sword?) and when I respawn with the kit 3-5 times in a row it makes it nearly impossible.

[And yes, I do use /h and ask for help quite often but it doesn't mean I'm always gonna live through a fight/get help]
Ah, alright.
But, once again, I think it adds a nice challenge to the server.

Olix

Reaction score
I honestly don't think Hunters getting the scavenger kit is a big problem: in many maps there are plenty of supplies that hunters can use to make weapons. What really REALLY irritates me (and this is a bug, mind you, with the portal system) is when the last survivor in a round is killed, they receive a scavenger kit next round.

In my opinion, if this problem cannot be fixed, map makers can at least make the scavenger kit (aka hunterfree in input file) the same stength as the weakest survivor kit. Then, hunters can at least be equal with survivors who didn't pick up extra gear, and spread the infection that way, since there is power in numbers.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Yeah, Scavenger is the way it is due to the mapmaker's decision. You will notice some maps that seem to lack Scavenger, because the mapmaker changed the HunterFree kit to something a bit more formidable. Not all mapmakers want this, as its all part of the challenge.
I get the stuff about you luck with Scavenger, but it isnt that bad, you just need to band up with another hunter or two, or backstab. It aint that hard to be stealthy. ;)

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I honestly don't think Hunters getting the scavenger kit is a big problem: in many maps there are plenty of supplies that hunters can use to make weapons. What really REALLY irritates me (and this is a bug, mind you, with the portal system) is when the last survivor in a round is killed, they receive a scavenger kit next round.
Please fix this, its extremely annoying. This also happend between rounds, I hope its not very hard to fix.

Amorix

Reaction score
Ah, alright.
But, once again, I think it adds a nice challenge to the server.
Nice challenge?
It's throwing someone with a wooden sword against people who probably have armor, stone tools, and splash potions of slowness and death!
You could put a Magikarp in a cage with Broly and it'd be a more balanced fight!

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Personally, its annoying to get a scavenger kit and a lot of people get annoyed when they get killed and stuff, but thing is and this is what needs to be remembered, as a hunter you can be killed over and over and over again but still come back to fight. You can't do that as a survivor, once you die, then thats it you are then on the hunter side. And so the kits need to be balanced to allow for that, it makes things tough if there aren't many hunters, but onces survivors start dieing then things tend to landslide as they have more and more hunters to fight.
I think what needs to be changed is not the removal of scavenger kits but the probability of recieving one when there are fewer hunters, if that is at all possible.
Oh and I reckon the scavenger kit for the last survivor is probably the best bug ever, definately help prevent survivor streaks by people like Olix and Danni :p

• Haha
Reactions: Olix