Status
Not open for further replies.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Basically, People (Including myself) get banned because their brothers, sisters or whoever go on their own accounts on the same server as them, (Any of the 3 blocktopia servers - Mainly Zombie survival) And if their brother or sister etc swears or breaks the rules and gets banned, They will get banned too.. Which is UNFAIR.
They'll appeal for a ban but an Op will just turn round and say "It's your own responsibility 2 week ban" Even though they had done nothing wrong.

It should only ban the account that they banned, And make that account appeal, It's unfair for people like me who have younger siblings that are.. much, much younger and very immature and follow them around servers and then get them banned, Then ops just turn round and say "It's your fault".. Well no because we can't babysit our Brothers/Sisters/friends can we?

Discuss.

Brave

Reaction score
Well, when the Ops and higher ban people they ban their IPs too so the person that was banned won't ban evade. And some people have already ban evade.

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
Acces ports such as diffrent accounts are to be exterminated with the power of a thousand suns, In other words if you're banned you're not supposed to pop back on another account.

Besides, If you get banned you're doing it WRONG.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
There is a reason why we ban IPs, if we just ban an account the person can just keep on playing by making new accounts so the ban doesn't help at all.

They'll appeal for a ban but an Op will just turn round and say "It's your own responsibility 2 week ban" Even though they had done nothing wrong.
This is basically only when something happens on -your- account (hacked, brother sister played on your account) not when a sister, brother w/e is banned, however, the point is we can't just immediately unban the IP because then the banned person can also log in again. We try to handle those appeals fair but there are always liers and problems that make it almost impossible to immediately unban the person.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
There is a reason why we ban IPs, if we just ban an account the person can just keep on playing by making new accounts so the ban doesn't help at all.

This is basically only when something happens on -your- account (hacked, brother sister played on your account) not when a sister, brother w/e is banned, however, the point is we can't just immediately unban the IP because then the banned person can also log in again. We try to handle those appeals fair but there are always liers and problems that make it almost impossible to immediately unban the person.
But in my situation, He was on his account, On his mums laptop when he was banned, Not on my laptop, Or my account.. Actually, I don't even know if he was banned as in my Appeal, No-one has confirmed if he was banned and no-one has even said why I was banned!, I know people can ban evade, But how come on other servers they can ban accounts without IP-ban, Yet on Blocktopia you cant?

I don't mind being banned for 2 weeks because of my brother, Although it isn't necessary to ban me..

Anyway, The point is... well basically Normal banning needs to be fixed.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I know you can ban evade.. But the actual point is that if you banned their account, and they stay out their ban then they can re-join on a clean slate, but if they evade their normal ban then you IP-Ban them, It'd make more sense no? Basically if they re-joined on another account after being banned you'd know that they don't care about being IP-banned.

Reaction score
Well the problem is that you don't want the usual IP-ban.

The reason why we have IP-bans is because, like already said five times, TO STOP BAN EVASION.

And if you get banned because of your brother/sister, IT IS YOUR FAULT for letting such a moron onto the server in the first place.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Well the problem is that you don't want the usual IP-ban.

The reason why we have IP-bans is because, like already said five times, TO STOP BAN EVASION.

And if you get banned because of your brother/sister, IT IS YOUR FAULT for letting such a moron onto the server in the first place.
No, It's your fault for letting them onto your account, if you get banned because they went on their computer on their account, It isn't your responsibility - But you can still get banned for like a week I presume, For reasons.

VillainBrine

Reaction score
Then ops just turn round and say "It's your fault".. Well no because we can't babysit our Brothers/Sisters/friends can we?
Angel, did your brother/sister use YOUR account, or their own account? If you don't know, could you ask?

Reaction score
Please re-read what I posted. I never said anything about accounts.

If you'd like me to go into more detail, I shall.

First off, the server gets around mostly by word of mouth.
Or you randomly find an interesting server name.
If you do, refer to the first sentence!

So then Johnny finds the server, then tells his little brother Johnny. Why are they named the same? That's because we can't tell if Johnny actually has a little brother. So little Johnny goes and finds hacks to use! Suddenly, it's a great idea to use it on the server! Guess what! Lil johnny gets the two of them banned! How do we tell if there's actually no brother? WE DONT!

So! If your suggestion does happen to concern the HC's of the server, and the usual course of action to take is changed.... IMAGINE THE END RESULT!

Hackers will maliciously keep coming back. Spammers with different names. Trolls whom no one likes. Little ragey kids who also spam curse words and go "UNFAIR UNFAIR UNFAIR" that no one likes as well. Repetitive rule breakers. And all because some person said "Sad faec, i r baned bcaz my bro get us r baned from server. plz unbane."

VillainBrine

Reaction score
Unless Angel has proof of his brother/sister.

And I secretly admire Angel's bravery to stand up to people like you.
Angel know's that this "appeal" may be declined. but he still stands for what he believes in.

Horrible

A pathetic creature of meat and bone.
Donor
Reaction score
No matter how hard we try to make the server fair and fun for everyone, we can't always do so.

That said, life isn't fair.

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Sigh, you are responsible for your household, While we will unban you, if this becomes a repeated thing and we think that you cannot control your own siblings who you've led to our servers we will ban your IP address for the good of the other players who don't want to have to deal with children connecting every five seconds and breaking rules.

As for 'clean slate' - we ban for a reason, its not just because we don't want them there its because we have to enforce rules, If people simply make new accounts and get ignored then quite frankly the punishment side of things is about as effective as a flannel in the face.

Tl;dr - no, Learn to control your brothers/sisters and don't lead them to the servers you play next time. Siblings are YOUR responsibility because we can't reach through the screen and backhand them, we'll allow you a few mistakes but after a while we're not going to keep repeatedly unbanning if your sibling is ban evading and causing issues.

Deadl0ck

Lord of the Rage
Reaction score
*sigh*

We ban IP's to prevent ban evading by simply making a new accout.

Yes, occasionally that does mean that someone's brother or sister, mom, dad, dog, cat, goldfish gets banned unjustly.

We try to figure this out, and if that's the case, we do usually unban the IP in order to let said family member play on the servers. This has always been the case, and I already told staff off for not acting in such a manner in your specific ban appeal, angel.

The problem is that we do need to figure out the validity of such claims.

Anyway, thread closed, it's turning into a flame thread and we're not changing policy. It keeps out more problems then it causes, and that's the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.