[Suggestion] Donation chest

Status
Not open for further replies.

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
That's right people. A donation chest.

The basic idea is to have a chest (or two!) in the lobby where all players can go and deposit their unwanted items, instead of them throwing them into lava because they simply don't need them, instead, they can throw away stuff in a chest that may be useful to other players. Another player can come along and take what they need (if people don't throw away their junk still :p).

The chests will need to be emptied once a week (or so), since people will end up filling them quickly with their junk xD.

Just a simple Idea I had while I was sorting the stuff out of my enderchest, and realised I made too many torches! Tell me your opinions! :D

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Inb4 it's filled full of bones/string/spider eyes and all other misc items. Not a bad idea, I suppose. I'm not sure any staff member with lobby perms is going to want (or remember) to empty this chest weekly.
This reminds me of "junk chests" in massive homes that fill with stuff. Usually the good stuff is grabbed quickly. I imagine every round people would pick out what little useful things there are and leave behind the mob drops, burnable blocks, etc...

That being said, I'm not shooting it down right off the bat. We'll see what the public has to say about the idea. Staff will most likely discuss it in the next staff meeting.

• Agree
Reactions: BanSwift

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I like the idea. Things that aren't useful to higher ranks may be useful to lower ranks.

Say someone did a lot of mining and has a ton of cobble. They surely don't need or have room for it, so instead of wasting it, it goes to players who maybe died recently or simply wants to cook up a lot of stone.

• Agree
Reactions: Cloudy and BanSwift

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Expansion on your idea. Is it possible for every map to get a chest in protected spawn area.

No need for staff to deal with emptying it as soon,weekly or whenever.

As the round starts dump needless items into spawn chest, go build.

Then should you get needless items during the round wait to drop in the next map spawn chest

• Agree

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Expansion on your idea. Is it possible for every map to get a chest in protected spawn area.

No need for staff to deal with emptying it as soon,weekly or whenever.

As the round starts dump needless items into spawn chest, go build.

Then should you get needless items during the round wait to drop in the next map spawn chest
But then the only people that get the items, if they need them, are players who join late. In essence, this is exactly like simply throwing it away. Players that might be a bit stuck for common items, like cobblestone primarily, would be forced to wait at spawn longer than they might like, or give up the items altogether. I think a double chest in the lobby would work just fine.

• Agree

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
But then the only people that get the items, if they need them, are players who join late. In essence, this is exactly like simply throwing it away. Players that might be a bit stuck for common items, like cobblestone primarily, would be forced to wait at spawn longer than they might like, or give up the items altogether. I think a double chest in the lobby would work just fine.
I was thinking if it were this, that it would have to have a dispenser connected to the bottom on a timer or a command block to empty it, that way it won't rely on staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.