[Suggestion] Custom login/logout messages

W

Wimali

Custom login/logout messages

As always, I’d like to remind you this is a suggestion. That means I would mostly just like to hear your opinion on it, see if people would want it to get implemented, if the directors want it, if it would even be realistic- The fact that I’m suggesting an idea doesn’t mean I particularly like it.

A note regarding titles

This idea, although similar to it, has nothing to do with making titles buyable: It’s already been discussed before, and most people have agreed that it would be too confusing or annoying. I’m not suggesting titles in this thread, so please don’t bring that idea up. I feel like buyable login or logout messages would still work, however.

Why should this be implemented?

It’s just a fun little feature, another ‘goal’ to give to Grandmasters. The price should be around 50-75k in my opinion (preferably 75k). Yeah, I realize this is expensive as hell. But then again, we need to make it a goal, right? And I don’t think we would really want everyone to have this, right? It should be one of those endgame things, in my opinion.

EDIT January 29, 2014: Just had to link to this post again in another suggestion and looking back at this idea, I feel like even 50k is already way too expensive. It'd be a very elite thing and only really rich grandmasters would be able to afford it. For this reason I feel like people should be able to buy titles as soon as they're Master, and titles would cost around 10k! That's what I think would be good, anyway.

Faliara

Reaction score
I have always wanted to try out something like this, now go for it. I especially liked ArciusReveen's logout one; managed to make a good joke out of it.

-ArciusReveen is gone! Time to rejoice!
Faliara: REJOICE!
People proceeded to follow my example soon after.

D

Deleted member 4601

-ArciusReveen is gone! Time to rejoice!
Faliara: rejoice!
People proceeded to follow my example soon after.
Fixed it for you. Remember the caps filter ;)

Anyway, I would love this idea, reminds me of LS (Although it's rare for me to visit RoF) :D

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I am all for this again and it is something that was always fun to have in classic. The price is far too expensive I think but it would give something for GMs to strive towards and would be a fun addition. However, I think that it needs not be bought in the shop and is rather bought from an operator+ who has access to a command changing the login/out message.

W

Wimali

I am all for this again and it is something that was always fun to have in classic. The price is far too expensive I think but it would give something for GMs to strive towards and would be a fun addition. However, I think that it needs not be bought in the shop and is rather bought from an operator+ who has access to a command changing the login/out message.
Yeah, it's really expensive :p
But as I explained in the first post:

"Yeah, I realize this is expensive as hell. But then again, we need to make it a goal, right? And I don’t think we would really want everyone to have this, right? It should be one of those endgame things, in my opinion."