[Suggestion] Community-voted Rotation

Natsu

The Flaming Dragon Op
Reaction score
Yes, you're reading the title right, I'm basically suggesting for a community-voted rotation. The main reason I decided to suggest this is by the lack of new maps and the current maps getting old. Maybe it's time for a change of maps. Surely there's some old maps that people want back and some new maps people want gone. This could be the chance for it, to get what the community desires. How I think this'll work out is by voting for 43 maps to be entered into this new rotation via Google Docs and voting 43 maps to be moved out of the rotation. I'm suggesting 43 because the current map rotation has 43 as well. People have also been leaving AoD from the lack of new maps and the current maps getting old and boring, so this will probably bring back some old and new players to AoD, which will benefit AoD greatly in my opinion.

P.S - If you have any opinions on this or a better way to do the voting, please say so on this thread. Also, thanks for reading this and feedback is highly appreciated!

-Natsu

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
We should hold a small announcement of this at tomorrow's meeting. c:
But anyway, yeah, I'd love to have a couple of the maps back in the rotation (from back when I was just starting on the server. Maps like MushroomKingdom-iirc- and BuildBox. Though with BuildBox and the Anti-pillar rules... I see how that MIGHT be an issue. But we can work around that, no?)

Also, some of the maps in the current rotation (Such as Barrow or Academy) I do feel that, while Barrow's kits and the items found in the chests are a bit... Bad. Maybe just some tweaks to that would be what sets the map to the Black, instead of Red.

WesternNightmare would not be a bad map, if it wasn't for that one area in the Ruins where it is much too easy to camp there with say, 3 or more other survivors and score an easy victory. Also, I'm not sure the cause (no one is, I think) of the immense lag on that map, but that's just a taaad bit ridiculous (When I spawn in, I get a good 10-20 second lag spike in which the map will load, but when I try to move, ultimately I get rubber-banded all to hell.)
As for the issues on that map, I've heard people say it was the sheep (I do get a heavy lagspike when approaching the Sheep area, but there are some redstone contraptions there If I am not mistaken.) And then there was the Redstone apparatus', and I even heard someone say it was because of all the Sand/Sandstone. Still not entirely sure.
I realize this is one big ramble, hence why It's spoiler'd. But it's all better to go say what you want at the time being, rather than forget what you wanted to say.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
  • Agree
Reactions: Xfolo

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
#1 Priority: Bring back BuildBox
I miss buildbox too, it was a fun map, survivors would have to build and hide with unlimited blocks rather than fighting. Kinda like ZS?
how could the hide if playermade towers are removed? Playermade shelters?
maybe its better that buildbox stays off....for now
"Stairs" and "paths" are still legal, and on bb most of them were stairs, it wouldnt really be a problem, atleast IMO.

Olix

Reaction score
Stained glass and stained clay could make BB v2.0 pretty interesting ;)
But it would also need to introduce some new gameplay element, or the map will play the same way and likely be removed the same way.
(I have no plans to make this tho, sorry - someone else could easily xD)

• Agree
Reactions: Arachadonic