[Suggestion] Clan Markers on the Live map.

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
I know JtE had something to this effect and I was wondering if we could do the same in DoD? I don't know how they did it exactly in JtE. I just know it was very convenient in figuring out where clans are and so forth and if people would rather not have a clan marker showing where they are (even though most people find them anyways) then it could possibly be a purchasable thing?

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought I replied to this already.

Well, it is possible, and at one point this WOULD have been automated but for some odd reason support for it was removed. I'll request that it will be readded, and it is possible to do manually, but the problem is doing it manually would be hell and Sparkly and I would have trouble keeping up.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd recommend accepting requests for it if anything, I doubt every clan would send you one (I wouldn't). Some people don't want their place to be easily noticed, and realistically it's a greater benefit making people log in and explore than just be able to look at the map. Playing on the server is definitely better than looking at it from a website.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Nice idea, but I have reis minimap ;)
I think its too many villages to keep up with :p

oops 4000th post
This is what I was thinking as well. Anyone with the topians can make a village, so we'd have tons and tons of villages to add to the livemap. Even if the staff were helping the two Head Controllers we have, it'd be a tedious and time-consuming task. Of course, we could always do the bigger clans, but where do we draw the line? to say only certain-sized clans get on the livemap is similar to JtE's setup, which I believe we're trying to avoid.

Reactions: Notme