[Suggestion] Capture the Flag

Do you think more goals/features should be added to retain playercount?

• Yes

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • No, it is fine as it is

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just have events now and again to re-kindle playercount

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Iggish

Reaction score
Ok, now don't be put off by the title, actually listen to my suggestion first before judging ;).

Ok so as all (most) of you would know, the LoP playercount has been dying.
this screenshot was taken around 10:30 GMT. Over past mornings, this playercount has been around 15-20.
This was always going to happen but even so we should try to prevent this. So this is my suggestion: Capture the Flag (thing).

For the first few days the main goal of the server and of most clans was to be the first to get to the End. This goal kept people on striving to achieve it (grinding, killing wither skeles etc.) but ever since that, I think it is fair to say that there is not really any point to the server. Sure, you can raid, build your house and level up, but to what end?

What I'm suggesting will accommodate all of these things: building defences, levelling up and raiding.

My idea is for there to be a capture the flag theme to LoP. What I mean by this is that on a certain pre-approved day, Ogarci could spawn a special flag in the centre of the map. If he were to advertise this first, there would already be a massive playercount on to try and retrieve the flag on the day itself. Once someone has taken the flag, they bring it home to their base and mount it on a special podium. When it is there, it gives special gifts to the clan members and maybe even a personal beacon of sorts. Other clans would have to try to raid and steal the flag for themselves (perms would have to allow this) and then bring it back to their base.

Now if you are not a raider and don't like PvP: you may ask: "What is in it for me?" Well first of all there would be a larger playercount to interact with, secondly you would have benefits from this beacon and it would improve your gameplay and you could be helping your clan by improving walls. From the PvP side of things, there would actually be a genuine point to raiding and to protect their flag, clans would have to build good walls and entrances. This would be a goal to achieve and as I was talking about, a server with very few player goals is pointless.

This is just a raw idea that I think could be refined and made successful.
Thanks for reading, Iggy ;)

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Ok, now don't be put off by the title, actually listen to my suggestion first before judging ;).

Ok so as all (most) of you would know, the LoP playercount has been dying.
this screenshot was taken around 10:30 GMT. Over past mornings, this playercount has been around 15-20.
This was always going to happen but even so we should try to prevent this. So this is my suggestion: Capture the Flag (thing).
TBH I excepted to be very low popularity in morning GMT timezone after holiday season.
There are real life and other games, not just this server ;)
To maintain constant popularity you would need large player flow.

Iggish

Reaction score
TBH I excepted to be very low popularity in morning GMT timezone after holiday season.
There are real life and other games, not just this server ;)
To maintain constant popularity you would need large player flow.
Most people are back in school/work now so it's quite quiet during the day. We are still fine and average 20+people in the late afternoon most days
My point still remains that there are very little goals on LoP at the moment. While we are averaging 20 people later on. That will continue to slip unless action is taken.

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
This discussion should not end up at making excuses as to why the player count is so low. The server is getting less popular and that is a fact. I understand that Iggish made a bit of an exaggeration but my point stands regardless. It's important to discuss player retention. I'll write a larger post with ideas later.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
This discussion should not end up at making excuses as to why the player count is so low. The server is getting less popular and that is a fact. I understand that Iggish made a bit of an exaggeration but my point stands regardless. It's important to discuss player retention. I'll write a larger post with ideas later.
We need not to only focus on issues that makes people quit, but also on events and features that makes people stay. (Of course we are working on issues but we can do two things at once!)

Great suggestion Iggy, we really like it.