[Suggestion] Bonuses

Do you want these bonuses to be added to AoD?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KN_940

Reaction score
I like AoD a lot, but I think that there should be improvements to help players enjoy AoD more. Here are a list of few suggested bonuses:
Hunter Bonus: for every player that is killed, every hunter gets a certain amount of brains.
Survivor Bonus: for every minute of survival, humans receive a certain amount of brains.
Everyone is killed bonus: brainz for everyone!
Notice: I didn't say HOW many brains should be awarded with each feat. That is up for staff to decide.
All in all, these new bonuses would encourage participation in AoD, and make it a bit easier to earn currency for players who necessarily don't pvp well but want to play for fun. I hope this suggestion is taken, because if it is, I'll be playing AoD all the time!
~Kevin (KN_940) :D

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I like AoD a lot, but I think that there should be improvements to help players enjoy AoD more. Here are a list of few suggested bonuses:
Hunter Bonus: for every player that is killed, every hunter gets a certain amount of brains.
Survivor Bonus: for every minute of survival, humans receive a certain amount of brains.
Everyone is killed bonus: brainz for everyone!
Notice: I didn't say HOW many brains should be awarded with each feat. That is up for staff to decide.
All in all, these new bonuses would encourage participation in AoD, and make it a bit easier to earn currency for players who necessarily don't pvp well but want to play for fun. I hope this suggestion is taken, because if it is, I'll be playing AoD all the time!
~Kevin (KN_940) :D
Hm...interesting.

I will actually ask Baker93 about this, it would seem like an interesting addition, though maybe not the kill everyone bonus, that would make obtaining brains a little TOO easy. However, the idea of hunter and survivor bonuses both sound great, I also think that the amount of brains per killed person should raise by a set number each time.

Your thoughts, Baker93?

Reaction score
The survivor and hunter bonuses seem very nice. Currently, being a survivor only gives brains if you kill a lot of hunters, or survive the entire round. This sadly makes (for less gifted PvP, or people who are attempting to hide) being a survivor mostly useless brain wise.

Arachadonic

Reaction score
Website
www.watchingyou.com
I really like it!
Although you could argue that the survivers who hide, if they hide well, get 75 brains at the end of the round anyway so thats almost enough and if you are a PvP type of surviver then you are gambling for both the 75 brains and the extra 25 or whatever for a kill so its their choice on wanting to gamble that 75.

D

DarkHender

I thought we already got 25 brains for each kill (no matter what team we're on) and 75 if a survivor lives.

Are you saying to replace this with new amounts of brains?

KN_940

Reaction score
I thought we already got 25 brains for each kill (no matter what team we're on) and 75 if a survivor lives.

Are you saying to replace this with new amounts of brains?
No, when I said "bonuses", I meant these are added on along with the current awards. So we'll keep the old stuff, don't worry.

KN_940

Reaction score
Glad to see other people are interested! Thanks everyone for supporting my ideas! :)

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I had an idea like this, but it would be a little more subtle. Basically, it's suppourt for Survivors who are pro-ass runners or hiders; the final Survivor could recieve brains for every minute Survived (or halfminute), and brains for every Hunter death during this time. These would be small bonuses aimed at rewarding survival skills other than brawling.

• Agree
Reactions: Arachadonic
Reaction score
No, when I said "bonuses", I meant these are added on along with the current awards. So we'll keep the old stuff, don't worry.
So basically raise the number of bpk.
I think the way this would work is, you keep the normal (25) brains per kill, but add on, say, 5 or such brains given to each hunter (This should happen before the person killed becomes a hunter, as getting brains for your own death is somewhat counterproductive). Then, if you were a survivor, every 1 minute you would get some brains. This would probably need the amount of survivor brains based on the number of survivors (if there's 20 survivors and one hunter, the brain amount would be very low), and the number of minutes survived and in the map.

KN_940

Reaction score
So basically raise the number of bpk.
I think the way this would work is, you keep the normal (25) brains per kill, but add on, say, 5 or such brains given to each hunter (This should happen before the person killed becomes a hunter, as getting brains for your own death is somewhat counterproductive). Then, if you were a survivor, every 1 minute you would get some brains. This would probably need the amount of survivor brains based on the number of survivors (if there's 20 survivors and one hunter, the brain amount would be very low), and the number of minutes survived and in the map.
I totally agree with you. ^^

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
I see a potential problem with the hunter bonus - if you were a survivor and there was this hunter who was really fucking good, wouldn't you be tempted to kill yourself and become a hunter just to get brains for everyone he/she kills?

Reaction score
I see a potential problem with the hunter bonus - if you were a survivor and there was this hunter who was really fucking good, wouldn't you be tempted to kill yourself and become a hunter just to get brains for everyone he/she kills?
I'm guessing the brain amount would be pretty low (say, 1-5 brains), and the more hunters there are, the less brains given per person.

KN_940

Reaction score
I'm guessing the brain amount would be pretty low (say, 1-5 brains), and the more hunters there are, the less brains given per person.
Yes, and besides, being a survivor would get you the minute bonuses, which are more than the hunter bonuses.

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
That's illegal anyway as far as I know because you get 25 brains from each kill on AoD anyway. Should I say 'anyway' a third time? I just did. YEAH.

• Confusing
Reactions: RyanDodd