[Suggestion] Block Hunt

Dmitris

Reaction score
Hello fellow EscapeRestarters! (Whatever xD). I want to show you my idea about adding a new gametype to AoD which im sure will be very funny and people will love it!

What is it exactly?
Block Hunt is actually a gamemode on gmod Prop Hunt, which of course everyone of you know. People could start as blocks and higher ranks would allow them to choose different blocks to hide from the hunters! After a short time 2 hunters shall be released and start searching the block disguised players. Players can stay some seconds on a place and disguise as a solid block. People could even disguise as mobs like pigs, sheeps etc.

After a survivor dies he turns into a hunter too.

How can people play this?
All maps should have the same kits, the survivors would have a bow with infinite arrows but nerfed. They could also have a wooden axe as a weapon, and the more hits they do to the hunters with the bow, their axe can be upgraded to better ones, like stone axe, iron axe. Some of these upgrades could have skills behind them, like when you reach the stone axe you could right click with it and have speed boost for some seconds. Hunters could have different classes, like Fighter with a iron sword and chain armor, Pyromaniac with a stone sword, redstone torches and some tnt and leather armor. And last Ranger with a enchanted bow, wood sword, leather armor.

How can money be earned?
People could earn 25 orbs by killing a survivor, for hunters. Survivors could earn 30 orbs when killing a hunter and 100 orbs when they win a round. Also a Block Hunt NPC shop can contain stuff like better weapons or whatever AoD dev's actually want.

Why this gamemode would be successfull.
I strongly believe that this gamemode will be successfull because of its unlimited fun and joy. I personally find this gamemode exciting and im sure everyone else will too! Keep in mind also that this gamemode isn't found on many servers except those big ones, who everyone knows. Its a pretty unique gamemode and it will be very enjoyable.

I hope you guys will support me and this post about the gamemode! Thank you for your time.

Reactions: Mastersten

Iggish

Reaction score
Hello fellow EscapeRestarters! (Whatever xD). I want to show you my idea about adding a new gametype to AoD which im sure will be very funny and people will love it!

Keep in mind also that this gamemode isn't found on many servers except those big ones, who everyone knows. Its a pretty unique gamemode and it will be very enjoyable.

I hope you guys will support me and this post about the gamemode! Thank you for your time.
I always support new ideas to improve the server but this looks very much like Hide n Seek of an other big community
I agree, not only is this gamemode on other servers, the way you have described it is very similar if not identical to them aswell. The rank up system for kills with an axe is EXACTLY the same as other servers along with the infinity bow. Comp's main rule is not to copy or plaguerise any gamemodes and from rumours i have heard, the staff are working on something (idk what).

• Agree
Reactions: Mastersten

Dmitris

Reaction score
I didn't actually mean to copy the same thing, but we could actually make something like these. I would just love to see this type of gamemode on this server too. ComputerGuy can work on it however he wants, his server his work his rules.

Poe

Contributor
Reaction score
What if we added a gamemode where it was like infection except u had no nametag and u were forced still after buildtime

• Optimistic
Reactions: Iggish

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Dmitris
Thanks for your suggestion! I am personally a big fan of the hide and seek gamemode but because it's on other servers already and it doesn't fit well in AoD I don't think we should add this at the moment. Maybe in the future we can look to add more of these sort of minigames.

PoeDameron
Sounds like hide and seek but then just a simpler version of it, and not interactive at all. You could allow people to chat while hiding but I rather AoD have active gameplay in all game types.

• Agree
Reactions: Iggish