[Suggestion]Add sub-forums for non-Minecraft games and possibly support competitive teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
I've been thinking, and it would be nice to add sub-forums for other games/maybe even support and start Blocktopia based competitive teams in different games. It would offer a new way to advertise the community without even really needing to pay anything. Adding a sub-forum is free, and say support a competitive LoL team on YouTube, it offers basically free advertising of the community! And I believe there is already enough good LoL'ers to make a BT team, and I think we may have enough people for a BT Black Ops 2 team? (Already had the discussion up with a few people, know of at least 3 other BO2 players on xbox live and several on playstation). So anyway, thoughts?

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
Why not just make a thread in the Gaming subforum? I don't see a reason to make an entirely new subforum for something that probably wouldn't spawn more than 3-5 threads. If you want an entire forum dedicated to competitive game playing, there are plenty of those out there already; we don't need to splinter our forums unnecessarily for it.

Reactions: 1 person

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Why not just make a thread in the Gaming subforum? I don't see a reason to make an entirely new subforum for something that probably wouldn't spawn more than 3-5 threads. If you want an entire forum dedicated to competitive game playing, there are plenty of those out there already; we don't need to splinter our forums unnecessarily for it.
Because people aren't going to join a community to play a single game that only has one little thread in it. By having a sub-forum for different games it will bring in more people from a variety of games. I'm not asking to have a huge amount of sections for it, even adding a section to the "Gaming Corner" for a few different games will bring in more people to play those games. And as I've said, getting a few Blocktopia competitive teams will bring in players who watch the teams and want to get there team sponsored as well.

DSiGameMaster

Reaction score
Hey,
What about a Battlefield 3/4 server? It's such an amazing way to advertise. That being said, I've bought my own server for a week. Conquest, classic maps. And the hole time it was up it was full. I've seen lots of communitys do that, and there pretty big. Even know it means more money and whatnot, it's still a great way for blocktopia to be advertised. That, and I would like to play some BF3 with a lot of you :D

Sploorky

Reaction score
Not keen on adding subforums 'now'. What we'll do though...

I'll sticky some threads in the gaming corner that garner enough attention and have a fair amount of people playing. I've already done that for League of Legends, and if there are other games that gather enough continuous attention, I'll sticky them too.

I also encourage you to make separate threads for certain games if there is a valid topic to discuss. So if you want to make a "Team Fortress 2 general chat" and a separate "Team Fortress 2 trading thread", go for it.

Subforums aren't completely out of the question. This is our way of testing the waters.

SirCiphered

Reaction score
I recall there being a discussion some time ago about why we don't have a TF2 server community. The answer had to do with something that thankfully for you, I have studied: sociology.

Let's say you have two neighborhoods under one government. The idea for Blocktopia - and said government - is to keep everybody interconnected and have a self-sustaining community. However, these two neighborhoods have major differences. One worships dogs (plays Minecraft) and another worships cats (plays TF2). This can lead to a sort of power competition within the government. In the end, the government splits and can likely have some residual conflict as a result.

What's a good example of this?

Korea. Vietnam is too (disregarding the NVA's conquering of South Vietnam once the US pulled out).

Status
Not open for further replies.