Iggish

Reaction score
Name: Wagon train
Author(s): Iggy and Poe
Gametype: Mob
Map Worldborder: the whole map
Download: /Warp WagonTrain on Create

This Spoiler Contains the Position of Spawn Points and Shops
The two black arrows with no stars are the villager shops where you buy your gear. The black arrow with a star under it is the player spawn, on top of the totem pole.
All the black arrows point to a sign saying "Mob Spawnpoint". This is where Mobs will spawn. On the 2nd Screenshot there is one out of frame but still an arrow pointing in the direction of it making it easy to find.

Along with "holding out" in certain positions like on many maps, this map also allows you the option to "train" the mobs around. You can "train" them through lava, cobwebs and water to lose them or diminish their numbers. This map is quite open but is cluttered in places. The walls around the outside of the map are all 3/4 blocks high you escape is very unlikely even for the likes of poe. There are barrier blocks blocking the ladder onto the roofs of all the wagons except one which is highlighted by detector rails. There is also a horse egg, saddle and armour for the lucky player who reaches the chest first.
This Map also has "mines" for blowing up mobs...

Preparation time: 30s
Spawn Locations: Pointed out above
Wave Length: 60s
Boss Wave Length: 240s
Mobs: Zombies, Spiders, Skeletons, Blazes, Pigmen, Cave Spiders

Shops: Shop in the Indian tent contains resurection, bows + arrows + wood/stone swords + leather armour.
Shop in the Wagon contains all the standard good armour/ weapons (dia/iron) + TNT and Flint and Steel. TNT costs 25 gold while Fire charge costs costs --- (changeable)

Fall Dmg: Yes
Can Drown: Yes

*I will add a lot more info about the likes of round lengths, when mobs spawn and the boss mob when the AoD Map submission Format for Mob is updated.
Thank you sal for giving me the format! ;)

Last edited:

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Just a few issues with the format:
  1. Can't choose what mobs spawn at what waves
  2. Can't choose what boss mobs spawn (this may change in the future?)
  3. You've specified both mobs which spawn and mobs which can't spawn - you can't have both. What mobs do you want to be able to spawn / not be able to spawn?
  4. I'm not entirely sure what the price of the items should be - make it a bit clearer
iggy234

• Useful
Reactions: Poe

Iggish

Reaction score
Just a few issues with the format:
  1. Can't choose what mobs spawn at what waves
  2. Can't choose what boss mobs spawn (this may change in the future?)
  3. You've specified both mobs which spawn and mobs which can't spawn - you can't have both. What mobs do you want to be able to spawn / not be able to spawn?
  4. I'm not entirely sure what the price of the items should be - make it a bit clearer
iggy234
Ok, fixed (i think)

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I like the map, nice big open area with lots of ways to run around on, and the selection of mobs is a nice change from the current maps in rotation. I'm not keen on the small huts however as players will be able to camp in there with ease in the latter waves, so perhaps open them up a bit more to make them more risky?

Other than that, good map, good spawns, good aesthetics so +1 - hope to see it on the server!

Last edited:

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
Looks like a nice map. The size and aesthetics looks good while I like the idea with the shops. The tnt might work, however I feel like flint and steel might be too good when it comes to hurting many of the mobs. Maybe use fire charges instead?

Well, a nice map with cool stuff that should be tried out so it will be a 1+ from me

Oh, also people can jump over here.

• Thank You
Reactions: Iggish

SalientGorilla

The Brutal Create Dictator
Reaction score
+1 for this, good looking gameplay, no proper campys spots since this is a flowing map. However, I agree with Unu on the fire though, so maybe the mobs could spawn with Fire res? Also, might as well make ghast unspawnable and replace them with blazes or something since they will die in the wagons.

• Thank You

Iggish

Reaction score
+1 for this, good looking gameplay, no proper campys spots since this is a flowing map. However, I agree with Unu on the fire though, so maybe the mobs could spawn with Fire res? Also, might as well make ghast unspawnable and replace them with blazes or something since they will die in the wagons.
Ghasts are now gone and I added fire charges like unu suggested, but I'm not sure what price to make them.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
3nd3rslayer Can this map submission get a response please?

Staff can decide the prices too Iggy, so other than that there isn't any issues! :)

• Informative

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for the map iggy. I like the open desert style of the map, and staff have given good ratings. I've added the map to the server, so shout if I've mucked something up.
-Accepted

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.