Reaction score
Map Name: Crop_Circles
Map Author: iggy234_2001
Gametype: Zombie
MapWorldborder: Ehhhhhh, my whole plot?
Download: /warp Crop_Circles
Round Time: 420 seconds

Preparation Time: 120 seconds
Spawn Locations: -Survivor: /warp Crop_Circles (note: can the spawn be facing out the tunnel?)
-Hunter: /warp Crop_CriclesH (note: can the spawn be facing towards the UFO centre?)

Kits:

Lead Hunter Kit:
Kit Name:
Alien Colonel
-Iron Chestplate
-Chainmail Leggings
-Chainmail Boots
-Iron Sword
-Bow
-6 Raw Beef
-Spectral Arrow x6
-Invisibility pot (8:00)
-Shears
-Water Bucket

Hunter Kit:
Kit Name:
Alien
-Iron Chestplate
-Chainmail Leggings
-Chainmail Boots
-Iron Sword
-Bow
-6 Raw Beef
-Spectral Arrow x6
-Shears
-Water Bucket

Survivor Kit:
Kit Name:
Marine
-Leather Cap
-Leather Chestplate (all of these 4 leather items dyed cactus green please)
-Leather Leggings
-Leather Boots
-Iron Sword
-Bow
-6 Cooked Steak
-Spectral Arrow x6
-Water Bucket
-Shears

Block Restrictions:

-Survivors can't place/break
-Hunters can place/break

-Fall damage: Yes
-Drowning: Yes
-/loc: Yes

Notes:
-This map is not designed for the normal aod pvp but instead for the aim that hunters have better gear than survivors.
-Survivors have green armour so it is tricky but not impossible to see them in the corn.
-Survivors will have to play by stealth as they are outgunned
-Chest items do not overpower survivors either although some do have good stuff (iron chestplate in one)
-(As far as i know) there are only two anvils on the map and they are underneath the hunter spawn so it is similar is style to grandlibrary and Mystic Hallways (to get good stuff go to spawn)
-There are no brewing stands
-There is one enchantment table
-[EDIT] please can the map be a JUNGLE BIOME
-Have fun!

(Is build time included in round time or not?)

(sorry for no screenshots)

Last edited:
Reactions: Poe

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Ok, I like the aesthetics of the map, but I think there are a couple major flaws in the map:
  • Fighting in the tall grass will be incredibly annoying - every time you swing you will break a block instead of actually hitting the other player.
  • Open terrain will mean bows will be quite overpowered, and likely the only type of combat in the open areas.
  • The buildings there are are quite cramped inside, which will mean the winner is the guy with the best gear, (quite an issue due to the kits).
  • Kits:
    • I think the kits are unfair - iron vs leather means it will be extremely difficult for survivors to win - I know you want survivors to have more of a challenge to win, but I still think its a little overpowered. Chain would probably work better IMO.
    • You want a "spectral arrow?" in the kits. They are just normal arrows but with potion effects - what effect do you intend to use?
    • I think 32 steak and arrows is a little over kill, I would prefer some food to be in kits, but as well scattered around the map.
  • Chests:
    • In my opinion not enough chests in the map, especially with food.
    • Too many chests in the centre of the map compared to the rest of the map.
    • Most of the chests either have useless items or really overpowered items. Plus, it seems to me like all the overpowered items are in hidden areas. Not that overpowered items should be that easy to find, but I feel like you have put it there to benefit yourself more?
    • Invisibility potions for 8 minutes will ruin gameplay - a survivor being invisible for the whole round will have an almost guaranteed easy round. At most the potions should be 1 minute. I found two or three of those in the map.
  • Found an area you cannot escape from at [-187 72 -469]
  • For a map which encourages hiding, there don't seem many good hiding spots.
Just some thoughts. Feel free to reply and dispute it, but do give reasons as to why my concerns aren't an issue.
Going for a 0 for now.

• Informative
Reactions: Mastersten

Iggish

Reaction score
"Fighting in the tall grass will be incredibly annoying - every time you swing you will break a block instead of actually hitting the other player."
-I'll add shears and water buckets to kits. That might help?
"Open terrain will mean bows will be quite overpowered, and likely the only type of combat in the open areas."
-Each kit only has 6 arrows and as far as i know no chests have any arrows.
"The buildings there are are quite cramped inside, which will mean the winner is the guy with the best gear, (quite an issue due to the kits)."
- They are cramped but also have hiding spots and dark places suitable for stealth attacks but i do get what you mean.
"I think the kits are unfair - iron vs leather means it will be extremely difficult for survivors to win - I know you want survivors to have more of a challenge to win, but I still think its a little overpowered. Chain would probably work better IMO."
-I'll nerf the hunter kits a bit then but I want to keep them superior to survivors.
"You want a "spectral arrow?" in the kits. They are just normal arrows but with potion effects - what effect do you intend to use?"
-Spectral arrows simply make someone glow as well as normal damage. That is all I intend with them (as far as i know there are no other affects from them?)
"I think 32 steak and arrows is a little over kill, I would prefer some food to be in kits, but as well scattered around the map."
I'll decrease the amount of food in kits then and add some to chests. How are 6 spectral arrows overkill?
"In my opinion not enough chests in the map, especially with food."
-Will add more chests +chests with food
"Too many chests in the centre of the map compared to the rest of the map."
-Will fix.
"Most of the chests either have useless items or really overpowered items. Plus, it seems to me like all the overpowered items are in hidden areas. Not that overpowered items should be that easy to find, but I feel like you have put it there to benefit yourself more?"
-I'll edit those then. Honestly, i don't think they are that hidden, the best chests are inside buildings, where someone would automatically run to to look for loot.
"Invisibility potions for 8 minutes will ruin gameplay - a survivor being invisible for the whole round will have an almost guaranteed easy round. At most the potions should be 1 minute. I found two or three of those in the map."
-Will decrease time dramatically.
"For a map which encourages hiding, there don't seem many good hiding spots."
-In my opinion there is, but everyone has different opinions
"Found an area you cannot escape from at [-187 72 -469]"
-Will fix.

• Informative
Reactions: SirComputer

SalientGorilla

The Brutal Create Dictator
Reaction score
I like this map. CG has covered most of the downsides, and you have fixed them. However, field seems a bit too open though, imo (I know it's really realisitic, but hey); maybe you could add a few extra vehicles, maybe even some broken down/ruined ones, how about a fallen over silo or something? Just to give more cover from arrows. If this map doesn't play well on zombie, I think it would make a good infected map!

I'd like to see this map given a go on both games modes.

Reactions: Poe

3nd3rslayer

Reaction score
Hey Iggy, thank you for sending this map!

The map looks cool and all but I'm going to have to go with a [BCOLOR=#800000]0[/BCOLOR] for this submission.
I'm doing this because the logic you give in this map is to go hide, camp and then afk for a round which is not aod and does not involve pvp (at least this is my opinion).
If you change the logic of this map a bit I might change my vote but I'm not a fan of hide and camp maps, especially because I think they are both boring for the survivors and for the hunters

Iggish

Reaction score
I like this map. CG has covered most of the downsides, and you have fixed them. However, field seems a bit too open though, imo (I know it's really realisitic, but hey); maybe you could add a few extra vehicles, maybe even some broken down/ruined ones, how about a fallen over silo or something? Just to give more cover from arrows. If this map doesn't play well on zombie, I think it would make a good infected map!

I'd like to see this map given a go on both games modes.
I'll add some stuff, like felled trees or broken walls, stuff like that.
Hey Iggy, thank you for sending this map!

The map looks cool and all but I'm going to have to go with a [BCOLOR=#800000]0[/BCOLOR] for this submission.
I'm doing this because the logic you give in this map is to go hide, camp and then afk for a round which is not aod and does not involve pvp (at least this is my opinion).
If you change the logic of this map a bit I might change my vote but I'm not a fan of hide and camp maps, especially because I think they are both boring for the survivors and for the hunters
This is not at all what this map is about. Hiding yes, but also stealth attacks and sneaking. As far as i know people camp on every map so why should this be a problem here? And generally, if you afk, you die. The idea is that survivors must use stealth however they wish, whether this be for hiding OR pvp. It's up to them, like most maps. I am not about to go and change the "logic" of this map as i deem it unique and i think it would provide interesting gameplay.
Anyway, could you give me some suggestions on HOW to change the "logic" of this map?

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Really cool design and idea! The map looks very nice too, only the plants could be annoying and lagging while fighting. I am all for more maps were hunters are clearly stronger than humans. I'm pretty sure we can get this map to work.

+1

• Thank You
Reactions: Iggish

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Seems better than when I first looked at it. However, I still think the tall grass will be a problem - it may be worth decreasing its height to 1 block though. The chests are better, but it seems to me you haven't really added any food, and, correct me if I'm wrong - you replaced 4 chests for 1 chest in the centre, but filled it with all the items from what was in the four chests?
Currently not changing my vote, but close to a +1. (0.5??)

Iggish

Reaction score
So yeah, i talked to you about it on aod but for the beneffit of the other mods, 'm going to be reducing the amount of "corn" flants (ferns) so pvp won't be as shitty. It could work, idk