Subforum Moderators

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
eg
• give someone like faliara overseeing privileges for the rp sub
• maybe have significant mafia/etc game hosts as forum game mods

• varying degrees of authority (eg mafia hosts probably wont need perms to warn people; but someone moderating discussion threads might)

• form for requesting a position be made for a purpose; eg I would like to open a discussion about a potentially controversial topic: can I have perms to moderate it & keep it tame

I think this would help take the strain and/or apathy off of the admins as someone with an actual interest in a specific topic can manage it instead.

Further suggestion might be to restrict non-head server staff to their server's subforum (or at least narrow responsibility to), and have positions for forum staff so that one group of staff doesn't have to handle moderating the forums on top of their servers/etc

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
We already hand out permissions to certain sections on a per-user basis if needed (see mafia section).

What I do like is the idea to ask for permissions for a specific task, but the way Xenforo is set up, they cannot be given on a per-thread basis, so I am not sure how that could work yet

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
What I do like is the idea to ask for permissions for a specific task, but the way Xenforo is set up, they cannot be given on a per-thread basis, so I am not sure how that could work yet
On this topic, is it possible to give people a few simple permissions such as changing the title and locking the thread to all user; or at least in some boards; akin to the mafia subforum having no edit or delete options. Uses might be in forum games or roleplay for hosts/thread starters whose lives might be made easier by light moderating permissions.