Stret's Operator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stretford01

Out of this World
Reaction score
Looking forward to the server, let's give it a shot!

In-game username: - Stretford01

Staff references (Op+): - None, as none were needed for the pre-release

Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past): - Trusted on CTNT, Operator on CTNT, Operator on A&T and Operator on PTNT (Over 2 years of staffing since the 6th of October. Nonstop until PTNT shutdown)

How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: - Well, I'd describe the Operator position on a server as a special role that is key in keeping servers alive and grief-free and people will need them as often as possible. It is a role not to be abused, as people look up to people with power and they will follow suit with the abuse if they ever got it. Operators are role models, and abuse just leads to abuse, while using your powers well, will lead to a better sever atmosphere and feel.

Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: - I would recommend you pick me because I have a lot of experience in this role. I have mostly been active between the second quarter of 2011 to now. I have been denied roles before because of activity, but since a lot of people in this community are American, I'd see a lot more European/UK people as I am in GMT 0. I also have a good work ethic and I work quite hard when I need/want to.

If there is a problem you aren’t sure of how to deal with, what will you do: - I am not generally in this position, as I have been playing here for quite a while, but if I was in this position, I'd most likely either work it out quickly or I would contact a higher-up. I would learn for the future then, and if it ever happened again, I would know what to do.

If a staff member of equal or higher rank is acting up, what will you do: - If anyone was acting up (I have never seen this happen before, generally our staff have always been good!), I would definitely contact a head staff member. I would take any evidence like logs, screenshots, and other witness' evidence too.

What is your most noticeable weakness, and how will you work to fix it: - I have a tendency to lash out a bit at people and I give quite harsh punishments, etc. and I am working hard to fix it by staffing on Garry's Mod servers as practice. I have also never staffed on an SMP server before, so I might need to catch up a bit.

Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words: - Well, I am Stretford01. I am 11 years old. I am quite mature for my age. I am in the top 5% of people in my year intelligence wise. I play the viola and percussion. I play games such as Minecraft, Garry's Mod and Borderlands. I like to play football and tennis too. I can be aggressive sometimes, but I'd rather say 'passionate'. I live in Ireland. I have a great interest in technology and music. My aim in life would to study Computer Science in a good university in America. I like to play games on my laptop in my spare time, and I also really like lots of things!

If you have any extra information you’d like to share, please do so here: - I am looking forward to the server! Also, I led the village Peripeteia before JtE shut down. It was good while it was there, but it sadly came to a halt a bit before the end of JtE.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Stretford01,

After some discussion we have decided to deny your application. We did not often see you, on TNT or JtE, so we could not formulate a strong opinion on how you did as staff or a SMP player. We'd much rather wait until you are on the server so we can see how you act on the server itself!

Thanks, and hopefully you will have a great time on the server.

• Sad
Reactions: Notme
Status
Not open for further replies.